Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to deliver Model S ahead of schedule in June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With production starting ahead of schedule, there might be +100 cars additionally produced in 2012. The ramp up is moved forward in time, meaning that the anticipated production rate near end of 2012 (400 cars a week) is reached earlier. Revenue will increase by actually selling these additional cars. Here's hoping!

Elon clearly said the production in June would be more than one less than hundred, but most likely tens.

Let's hope this means the European deliveries will start sooner as well...

I found a question on that topic in the Q1/2012 Q&A transcript by SeekingAlpha. Regrettably it looks like 2013, even for the Signature res holders.

Dan V. Galves – Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc.

Okay. Thanks very much for that and can you give us an update on when you expect to begin sales in Europe of the model S and if there is – I am not sure if you have announced pricing for the European vehicle but when would that be if you haven’t already.

Unidentified Company Representative

Sure. We expect to start delivering in Europe over next year and we’ve not yet announced final pricing for Europe. But it’s going to be sort of sensible pricing compared to what’s in the U.S. It will be a little higher to account for exchange rate variations and logistics costs of bringing things to Europe and so there is some import duties and what not., but it will be otherwise quite similar to our U.S. pricing.

Last edited:
As I read the (poor computerized translation) of the Earnings Call Transcipt, it appears that Elon is saying that deliveries in June will represent very small numbers, perhaps not much bigger than the founders series:

"Elon R. Musk
Yeah, I mean it’s on that order yeah, it’s not like, it’s not one and it’s not 100s.

Adam Jonas – Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC
Okay.
Elon R. Musk
So it sort of in the ten."

As I read the (poor computerized translation) of the Earnings Call Transcipt, it appears that Elon is saying that deliveries in June will represent very small numbers, perhaps not much bigger than the founders series:

"Elon R. Musk
Yeah, I mean it’s on that order yeah, it’s not like, it’s not one and it’s not 100s.

Adam Jonas – Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC
Okay.
Elon R. Musk
So it sort of in the ten."

I was on the call and I heard "sort of in the tens". I think the analyst suggested 30ish.

The fact that they say 20-40ish cars for June shouldn't matter all that much. I've always thought the first month of production would give a very low number, now it seems that low-producing month will be June instead of July. That should be good as now July should be a few hundred cars maybe?

Cobos

The fact that they say 20-40ish cars for June shouldn't matter all that much. I've always thought the first month of production would give a very low number, now it seems that low-producing month will be June instead of July. That should be good as now July should be a few hundred cars maybe?

This is the really exciting part of the announcement. I was assuming one car delivered on July 31st, so even doing "tens" of cars (30?) in June means that there should be at least 100-200 in July (5-10 per day). If they double production every month thereafter they'll at least get to the 5000 target. I was expecting September for my car (Sig 304), but now am thinking probably by the end of August.:biggrin::biggrin: