Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to have salvage title supercharging reinstatement process by the end of the year, no s or x.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go! The SLC SC is wonderful, I have to add. My experience was always good.

View attachment 885294

That is great! Do you have to pay for supercharging now, or is it still free and unlimited?

I had to use the salt lake City service center about 4 years ago when I was on a road trip and I got the dreaded may not restart message. They put a new drive unit in for me. All under warranty back then! I agree, even though they were really slammed, they were very good.

If we ever get a real true answer from two service centers I'll buy dinner. I've been to three. Got different answer each. Last February my car was in for SW problem. SC handed me an invoice, my battery and motor were both bad. REALLY?? They only two years old Remanufactured. I said thanks and left with invoice for 20k. Giggles, 10 months later still going. Oh. Motor had ""water"" in it. Really, u installed it May 2020. I took oil sample to lab, no water. But silicon. They don't want any old cars, wreaked cars, repaired cars. Truth is not a virtue at the SC.

Can you explain what the passed and failed safety inspection means? Seems odd to charge twice, unless something was repaired after it failed the test, and then it was retested and passed (and the bill just has it out of order)?
No, I can’t. I have no idea. I just asked for a quote for my US Model S in the SC I’ve been using for years, but I’m in Spain and I don’t currently plan to ship my car overseas just to reenable supercharging. CCS works just fine.

I’m trying to discuss some details with them, though. I even asked if they could do the inspection via remote diagnostics. That’s a NO FK WAY, but surprisingly they just told me they would get back to me.

Can you explain what the passed and failed safety inspection means? Seems odd to charge twice, unless something was repaired after it failed the test, and then it was retested and passed (and the bill just has it out of order)?
It is a quote for the work to be performed, not an invoice for completed work. They will likely delete one of the lines once the test has been completed, leaving only the one that matched the test result. (passed or failed.)

Reactions: vcor and M0rpH3x
It is a quote for the work to be performed, not an invoice for completed work. They will likely delete one of the lines once the test has been completed, leaving only the one that matched the test result. (passed or failed.)
My quote had both passed and failed, and the final invoice had only the passed line item. Mine has Gen 2 charging (2014 S85) so maybe that is why its a tad cheaper than the invoice quoted here? Hourly rate was the same at this SC ($195/hr)

No, I can’t. I have no idea. I just asked for a quote for my US Model S in the SC I’ve been using for years, but I’m in Spain and I don’t currently plan to ship my car overseas just to reenable supercharging. CCS works just fine.

I’m trying to discuss some details with them, though. I even asked if they could do the inspection via remote diagnostics. That’s a NO FK WAY, but surprisingly they just told me they would get back to me.
You can buy an adapter CCS1->CCS2 and use free superchargers

Did you get to keep free supercharging?
My supercharging will always be free, as per contract, but I can’t pass the inspection remotely. European SCs say they won’t touch my car, which is against their policy, and I’m fighting with them to sort that out. But even if I manage to take the car to a SC, they will never perform the supercharging inspection, since I’m in a different region.

Another story is, since Tesla doesn’t want to renew my carkeys, if I enable supercharging (or FSD), there is NO WAY for them to remove it.

Not true. They can send a kill signal via the Superchargers themselves. However, it doesn't sound like they do that very often. (It is also non-reversible without replacing hardware.)
I know that, but in Europe, where consumer protections are high, they are asking for trouble. And that’s just for supercharging, there is nothing for FSD.