Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to increase cost of FSD beta software beyond its $12,000 price tag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that pessimism never produces great things, and innovative leaders are often hopelessly optimistic. You go, Elon!

The problem here is not the enthusiasm, it's the part where Tesla charged for the fantasy and failed to deliver.
That may be, but engineers by nature are pessimistic. They have to believe that something might either fail or not work correctly. Murphy is always looking over their shoulder. Elon is an idea man, not an engineer.

I think it’s good to be optimistic about your own ability to engineer a solution. If you’re too concerned about failure you won’t take the risks necessary to innovate.
Paranoia about all the things that can go wrong though is also necessary though!

So, you want a paranoid optimist? Can you do those at the same time?

"Engineered By Schrodinger's Cat"

FSD price decreases to 50% in China if existing owners buy FSD on a new Tesla (no previous FSD required).

FSD price decreases to 50% in China if existing owners buy FSD on a new Tesla (no previous FSD required).

WOW!!!! Some of us have owned 5 Teslas and have never been given that kind of opportunity. The article says "whether or not they previously had FSD". I have owned / paid for FSD 4 times and didn't on my latest S Refresh because 3X burned and $12k buy-in would have been a stupid financial decision!!!

Last edited:
Perhaps because of tough ADAS competition.

images

Why does China have a better free market lol

Signs of pressures from competitions, plus they have lots of $$$$

You could work for the FSD Beta development team.
Nah. Back when I was working, object-oriented programming techniques were the Hot New Thing. Everything I did was deterministic, from MacPaint™ 2.0 to OCR software at Caere.

Neural network stuff is so different. You don't tweak code or algorithms; you weight training matrices or some such phlogiston. I'll leave this stuff to the kids.

HA! I see this happening with Tesla here at US now, especially with no one willing to pick up an EV before next year!

Signs of pressures from competitions, plus they have lots of $$$$

Xpeng Xpilot 3.5 seems to be pretty decent if you watch YouTube. It's sold as L2 ADAS but it's more like an L4 with you as a safety driver!

Pre-delivery price: $3,689.06 (rmb25000)
Post-delivery price: $6,640.30 (rmb45000)

Most trims are sold with Xpilot as standard like Xpeng P7 480E for $38,351.44 (rmb 259900)

Top trim Xpeng P7 562E Performance Wing Edition $63,447.31. (Rmb 429900).

Last edited: