Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to Offer Autopilot Camera Upgrades | TMC Podcast #25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Topics-
0:00 Intro
1:14 FSD camera upgrades
14:56 Andrej Karpathy interview
28:58 Ford nixes self-driving
37:48 Elon becomes Chief Twit
47:38 Supercharger Voting
55:00 EVgo "Autocharge+"

Lex Fridman's inteview with Andrej Karpathy:

Co-hosts-
Louis: nebusoft
Mike: SteelClouds

Producers-
Adam: ElectricAve84
James: scrapps
Doug: doug
Daniel: danny

Social-
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeslaMotorsClub
Facebook: Log into Facebook
Instagram: Tesla Motors Club (@teslamotorsclubofficial) • Instagram photos and videos
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/teslamotorsclub

Audio versions-
Apple Podcasts: ‎‎Tesla Motors Club Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Spotify: Tesla Motors Club Podcast
Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/38bacc87-f8b7-4f5c-aa64-2db865214942
TuneIn: Listen to Tesla Motors Club Podcast on TuneIn
RSS: https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1950101.rss

Support us-
PayPal: Pay Tesla Motors Club LLC using PayPal.Me
TeslaMotorsClub website: Account upgrades

About us-
Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts.

TMC Podcast #25 Thumbnail.png

Last edited:
This is what they replaced on my late 2016 S75D for the FSD. everything else was already upgraded to HW3

Correction : Replace Forward Facing Camera
Pièces remplacées ou ajoutées
Pièce quantité
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, 1.00 S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
Correction : Replace B-Pillar Camera – LH
Pièce quantité
B-PILLAR CAMERA, 1.00 LEFT(1069104-SL-D)
Correction : Replace B-Pillar Camera – RH
Pièce quantité
B-PILLAR CAMERA, 1.00 RIGHT(1069104-SR-D)
Correction : Replace Side Repeater Camera – LH
Pièce quantité
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB,
LEFT HAND(1514877-
01-C)
LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER CAMERA,
LEFT HAND(1495866-
22-C)
Correction : Replace Side Repeater Camera – RH
Pièce quantité
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB, RH(1514878-01-C)
LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER CAMERA,
RIGHT HAND(1495867-
22-C)

How’d it go? I’ve not played the podcast, but what kinda cost should we expect?
Went really well. All cameras replaced except for the rear. It took about 45 minutes and had it done by the mobile tech at work. No charge as I was eligible for a free upgrade. 48 hours after cameras were installed, received notification to upgrade software to allow for FSD-beta. Have been using it for about 2 weeks in all conditions and it works great.

Went really well. All cameras replaced except for the rear. It took about 45 minutes and had it done by the mobile tech at work. No charge as I was eligible for a free upgrade. 48 hours after cameras were installed, received notification to upgrade software to allow for FSD-beta. Have been using it for about 2 weeks in all conditions and it works great.
Free upgrade? What made you eligible for this? Anyways what made you want new cameras? Were you having issues with ap in any way? I have a late 2015 s and the autopilot has been perfect. Not one issue of phantom braking versus several I had with a newer 2020 3.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Free upgrade? What made you eligible for this? Anyways what made you want new cameras? Were you having issues with ap in any way? I have a late 2015 s and the autopilot has been perfect. Not one issue of phantom braking versus several I had with a newer 2020 3.
Good question and yes... I upgraded my MCU to 2 and as the second owner, the car was FSD eligible. One day I received a message in the app that I can get the FSD software but I would need to upgrade all cameras. I used AP all the time and it worked great. The new cameras were needed to go to FSD-beta.

Good question and yes... I upgraded my MCU to 2 and as the second owner, the car was FSD eligible. One day I received a message in the app that I can get the FSD software but I would need to upgrade all cameras. I used AP all the time and it worked great. The new cameras were needed to go to FSD-beta.
Interesting. I wonder if everyone with HW3 will get HW4 for free