TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla to open own body shops

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by boaterva, May 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

From the 2017Q1 Investor letter; there's also a liitle in the Electrek article about body shops but hadn't seen anything here about it.

From the letter:
    The Electrek article, which makes mention: Tesla is adding hundreds of new stores, service centers and repair trucks before Model 3 launch; will open own body shops

All I have to say is: At least those shops will be able to get parts (you would hope!).

I did see in another thread where it was mentioned in passing that this may be an issue in some states where manufacturers are restricted from such work.

• Informative x 1
  2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

About time...

3. boaterva

My thought, also. Regular ones don't seem to be able to 'handle' Teslas.

4. kort677

kort677 Banned

interesting, I am concerned that they are expanding their scope of repairs while their "normal" service centers are too few and many are overwhelmed with cars needing services.

5. boaterva

Of course, body repairs is a different skill set; I would hope this is the start of a big hiring push by Tesla (for SC expansion, Ranger work, and body shops).