Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to remove ventilated seat option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got them on mine. Wish I didn't. Essentially forced to pay $500 more for them to get leather and PUP.

Don't like the look as compared to regular leather. Dust catchers Likely to wear/tear faster than standard seats. Not likely to ever use the fan.

And besides, the sand from my bare back from a day at the beach would likely clog half of the perforations.

My phone is on... hope I don't get the call :)

If you do, and you really want them, fight for them.

They obviously have x number left, in stock, to install in cars yet to be built. They'll probably call everyone slated to receive them, hoping to get plenty of people who are indifferent about getting them. But I expect the people who really want them, and make their feelings known, will be able to get them.

I specifically bought an Inventory car because I did not want the ventilated seats and it seems there was no option to NOT get them at the time I was looking to buy (late December).

The Model X in the showroom had them and a) I did not feel they were as supporting as the NextGen seats and b) the bottom cushion leather was all stretched and wavy. I assume this was caused by the leather not being as rigid due to all the small perforations, which caused it to stretch.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
The sucking air was a genius design because it reduces vapor pressure, increasing evaporation and helping reduce/eliminate clammy/sweaty skin. Tesla simply should have explained that fact - because anyone who doesn't remember that lecture out of physics 101 back in college won't understand why the air sucking is a good thing.

Physics is great, and all. But, I wanted it for the fart sucking. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Chaz and ICUDoc
wow huge disappointment. i hope this is just a temporary thing while they're changing suppliers or something. i have perforated ventilated seats on my Lexus, and was really looking forward to getting them on the Tesla. It's a really nice feature in the summer on a long drive.

The sucking air was a genius design because it reduces vapor pressure, increasing evaporation and helping reduce/eliminate clammy/sweaty skin. Tesla simply should have explained that fact - because anyone who doesn't remember that lecture out of physics 101 back in college won't understand why the air sucking is a good thing.

As a genius, I learned physics in kindergarten and the sucking seats still suck.
Hoping I don't get them. :)

Reactions: calisnow
Looks like the price has not changed from the most recent pricing... But you do get about 12 grams of extra leather from where the holes were.

It's even worse for buyers of the 60 and 75 series. As I recall, the PUP went from $3K to the current $3.5K. (previously, the extra $500 was only on the 90 and 100 series; presumably to pay for the sucky holes).

yes and before (December) you could get the multi-pattern black seats with PuP..combination they removed when introducing ventilated seats even on 60&75...Seats are not ventilated anymore..so doesn't make sense to package PuP with leather seats anymore...but they still do..and price didn't drop down !