Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to Start Producing 10-30 and 6-50 Again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really ? You prefer to lie than just call your vendor ?!

Wow. you are being incredibly stubborn on this "vendor" point. People buy adapters from other regular people all the time. If you sold your adapter to someone at a Tesla meet or something, would you now be responsible for finding that person to complete the recall?

Has nobody else that got a second hand adapter contacted Tesla yet?

I wrote to Tesla about the NEMA 14-30 I got through @supratachophobia (thought I didn't mention him by handle or real name) and the NEMA 10-30 that I bought from the Tesla online store before I took delivery of my car. I asked them to put me on the replacement list for both adapters. Didn't get anything back except an auto-acknowledgement, will report results back when I hear them.

Bruce.

Wow. you are being incredibly stubborn on this "vendor" point. People buy adapters from other regular people all the time. If you sold your adapter to someone at a Tesla meet or something, would you now be responsible for finding that person to complete the recall?
If I was sent a replacement adapter by Tesla and I could contact the person who bought the adapter from me, I would.
If I bought an adapter and knew who I bought it from, I would contact them for the replacement.

I would even take the (apparently) extra-ordinary step of searching my email or google for contact information.

I would not call Tesla and lie, in hopes of forcing them to supply me an adapter.
I would not spend time writing letters to regulatory authorities instead of just contacting supratachophobia for a replacement he will receive from Tesla.

If I was sent a replacement adapter by Tesla and I could contact the person who bought the adapter from me, I would.
If I bought an adapter and knew who I bought it from, I would contact them for the replacement.

I would even take the (apparently) extra-ordinary step of searching my email or google for contact information.

I would not call Tesla and lie, in hopes of forcing them to supply me an adapter.
I would not spend time writing letters to regulatory authorities instead of just contacting supratachophobia for a replacement he will receive from Tesla.

I probably shouldn't continue this argument, but you can't fathom a scenario where you only have a email contact for someone and they don't respond or your email bounces? Or you buy an adapter from someone in person at a Tesla meetup, and you have zero contact info?

Tesla has to provide an avenue for those folks to get their adapters replaced. I saw an article that 7000 adapters were involved, so I am sure a few people willfall into this scenario.

Reactions: Rocky_H and MP3Mike
It's really confusing how Tesla is handling this. I have both a 10-30, which I use every day, and a 14-30. I bought both directly from Tesla, though I got mine at the Fremont SC, not online. I didn't receive a recall email. It's not clear if I need to take action to get on a list, or if they know what I have. Will have to talk to the SC when I'm in for service next week.

Excuse you.

Supratachophobia will be sent ~ 30 adapters by Tesla. He should send them to the people who bought a possibly defective adapter from him. If he wants to charge a dollar or three for shipping, fine.

So you know for a fact that Tesla is going to send him ~30 adapters? They might, they might not. (My guess is they won't, at least not unless he asks them to.)

In any case, that would be Teslas problem for not sending the adapters to the current owners. (Recalls are completely outside the warranty process/requirements.) If I had a warranty issue with my 14-30 adapter I would expect to have to go through supratachophobia, and would be SOL for my 10-30 that I don't have contact information for.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
That IS what the Tesla letter said. If it turns out to not work out that way then go to plan B.

OK, I certainly haven't seen a letter that said that. I have seen one that said: "If you have one of these NEMA 14‑30 adapters and regularly use it, you will receive a replacement from us within the next couple of weeks." They use singular: one/a.

@supratachophobia Can you confirm what the email/letter you got said? Did it say anything about you getting multiple replacement adapters?

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
U
Excuse you. Disagreeing with your lack of ethics is not trolling.

Supratachophobia will be sent ~ 30 adapters by Tesla. He should send them to the people who bought a possibly defective adapter from him. If he wants to charge a dollar or three for shipping, fine.
Uhhh, it's like 14 bucks to ship and 4.50 for the box and packing......

I shipped an iPhone on Monday from Colorado to IL for $4.16. Admittedly only 1st class, so it will take 3 days to reach the destination. Even Tesla only charges $7, and that is quite the upcharge.
Tesla charges 20 bucks.

Edit: I see the $8 option now. Not that I feel a need to justify anything to you specifically, but shipping from the Midwest to California didn't have that low of a price for a box. Maybe they did for an envelope, but i opted for a small box just to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike