Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to Start Producing 10-30 and 6-50 Again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity did the relative who put in the NEMA 14-50 outlet do it for you, or did they get their own EV / RV?
They put it in for me but there's also the possibility they would need it for themselves in the future. I actually told them not to put one in since there are Superchargers on the way and rumors of a potential Supercharger being installed in their town. I would only need it a couple of times per year but they went ahead and got it installed anyways. I'll be testing it out for the first time in a couple of weeks...so I hope it is set up correctly. (The electrician installed it upside down even though I provided instructions on how it should be installed. I can only hope it works as planned!)

Reactions: bmah
They put it in for me but there's also the possibility they would need it for themselves in the future. I actually told them not to put one in since there are Superchargers on the way and rumors of a potential Supercharger being installed in their town. I would only need it a couple of times per year but they went ahead and got it installed anyways. I'll be testing it out for the first time in a couple of weeks...so I hope it is set up correctly. (The electrician installed it upside down even though I provided instructions on how it should be installed. I can only hope it works as planned!)
The electrons will come out upside down now....

Alright, here's what I got back from Tesla in response to my query from a few hours ago:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. I have forwarded a case to your local service center for visibility of replacing the adapters. If you have one of these NEMA 14-30 adapters and regularly use it, you will receive a replacement from us within the next couple of weeks. If you do not regularly use it you will receive a replacement as soon as possible. Until then, we ask that you stop using your current adapter, and that you instead charge your car in a different way, such as with a Tesla Wall Connector or NEMA 14-50 adapter (if you have one), or by Supercharging."

I am not sure exactly what "for visibility of replacing the adapters" means (remembering I asked them about both NEMA 10-30 and 14-30 adapters). The rest of the message appears to be a cut-and-paste of what was in the original email sent to owners. So I'm not sure if I accomplished or learned anything by this email.

(As an aside, "[my] local service center" isn't very well-defined for Bay Area owners, though they can figure out which one I go to the most often.)

Bruce.

Can you tell me whom you contacted? I asked at the Denver Service Center on 12/7 and they told me to contact corporate. I sent an email to [email protected] on 12/8 and never heard a word back, not even an automated reply. :(

Can you tell me whom you contacted? I asked at the Denver Service Center on 12/7 and they told me to contact corporate. I sent an email to [email protected] on 12/8 and never heard a word back, not even an automated reply. :(

I sent email to [email protected]. Nowadays I usually but not always get an automated reply. I got the human reply within about 3 hours.

Funny that my email to corporate resulted in a case being opened with a local service center, but at your visit to the service center, they wanted you to contact corporate. In my work world we call that a "routing loop", and generally something we try to avoid :)

Bruce.

I sent email to [email protected]. Nowadays I usually but not always get an automated reply. I got the human reply within about 3 hours.

Funny that my email to corporate resulted in a case being opened with a local service center, but at your visit to the service center, they wanted you to contact corporate. In my work world we call that a "routing loop", and generally something we try to avoid :)

Bruce.
Thanks. I'll try that address instead. I got the other address from their Contact page but maybe it's a typo/black hole:
2016-12-13_1355.png

I went ahead and submitted the question via the form here: Contact | Tesla

If I don't hear back, I'll try the email address that worked for you. I did mention in the form that I tried the other email address and never got a reply. Hopefully they'll look into that issue as well.

I wrote to Tesla about the NEMA 14-30 I got through @supratachophobia (thought I didn't mention him by handle or real name) and the NEMA 10-30 that I bought from the Tesla online store before I took delivery of my car. I asked them to put me on the replacement list for both adapters. Didn't get anything back except an auto-acknowledgement, will report results back when I hear them.

Bruce.

I did the same, both of my adapters coming from Tesla service centers (10-30 in Dania Beach, FL and 14-30 in Charlotte, NC). My service advisor said there is not a list to maintain (that he has access to), but it would take many weeks to get them all through anyways. He said for me to just sit tight and if I don't have a replacement or been contacted by the end of January, to reach out to him and he will contact HQ on my behalf. That sounds acceptable to me and basically what some of you all here are saying -- wait and see and then escalate as needed.

They both resolve to the same MX servers at messagelabs.com, so I suspect one is just a domain alias for the other.

Yeah I actually checked that too (geez we're such geeks) but that doesn't mean that the receiving mail servers would route the messages the same way for both domains. I agree with you that it'd make the most sense.

Bruce.

Haha. I learned sendmail.cf from when I was one of the reviewers for the first edition of Bryan Costales' sendmail book. :)
/thecloud pulls a gigantic tome off the shelf where it has been gathering dust since the late '90s, when he switched to qmail...

You volunteered to be the guinea pig, it says. Heh. We are definitely into "old farts and computers" territory now. There's a thread for that, of course. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Yeah I actually checked that too (geez we're such geeks) but that doesn't mean that the receiving mail servers would route the messages the same way for both domains. I agree with you that it'd make the most sense.

Bruce.
Yeah, I mean if both domains were listed in the Exchange Transport Server, they *could* have separate dynamic distribution lists setup for both domains. But I would link that one would just be an alias of the other since the time they purchased the tesla.com domain.

I heard back and they said I would be contacted in the coming weeks concerning replacements. I guess they didn't get that I didn't but them from the Service Center so I don't know how they
Thanks. I'll try that address instead. I got the other address from their Contact page but maybe it's a typo/black hole:
View attachment 205619
I went ahead and submitted the question via the form here: Contact | Tesla

If I don't hear back, I'll try the email address that worked for you. I did mention in the form that I tried the other email address and never got a reply. Hopefully they'll look into that issue as well.
After using the feedback form, I heard back within a couple of hours. They said I would be contacted in the coming weeks concerning replacement. I wrote back again, indicating that the adapters I have aren't associated with my VIN and asked if all owners would be contacted. They said that they are still working on the details and to contact them again if I don't hear from them within the next few weeks.

I have both 10-30 and 14-30 adapters that I purchased from separate SC's in my area months ago. Since they are for emergency charging situations, I have never used them to this point. I never received an email from Tesla concerning the recall, but today I received a recall notice in postal mail. The notice indicates the new adapters are 'forthcoming' and will be sent to me in the mail along with a postage paid return mailing label.

I have both 10-30 and 14-30 adapters that I purchased from separate SC's in my area months ago. Since they are for emergency charging situations, I have never used them to this point. I never received an email from Tesla concerning the recall, but today I received a recall notice in postal mail. The notice indicates the new adapters are 'forthcoming' and will be sent to me in the mail along with a postage paid return mailing label.

Thank you. Just an hour ago I was wondering about whether I should use my 14-30 to charge and it reminded me that I haven't heard a peep from Tesla about it. Hopefully I get the notice in the mail this week.