Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Token by Bryan Bartow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
Anyone familiar with:
Tesla Token by Bryan Bartow?
Was hoping this would allow me to use 3rd party apps that ask for my Tesla Credentials (which I am not willing to share) without actually providing my username and password. I thought maybe it created what I would assume are anonymous aliases? Am I off base on this? If anyone knows…
Please explain how it’s used and it’s purpose and if it does what it’s supposed to
‎Tesla Token on the App Store
DCACE149-7E3E-4BBA-90DA-D222AA47A44E.jpeg
D95BC580-C283-419E-B4DA-7C2585D92407.jpeg

BED292A9-9C6D-49A4-BB85-4968AEDF9334.jpeg

9DD3D170-9C52-47BA-940D-AA180B6BB892.jpeg

5BF964D3-2461-4A56-AD64-03CBE45C4EDF.jpeg

C834ED38-2E83-4471-9064-AA84A56442BF.jpeg

B4D0680A-356C-4475-97E9-22F146EB6A66.jpeg

@Daniellane App developer here. Oddly enough, I was just coming to post about the app when I saw this.

The API tokens the app generates are for use on sites which require a token instead of your Tesla.com credentials. ev-fw.com and teslafi.com are examples, but there are plenty more. I, myself, am currently working on an app which will take a token. Unfortunately, if you are using an app/site that requires your Tesla.com credentials then Tesla Token app won't help you.

My ultimate hope is that Tesla releases a proper public API with OAuth and we don't have to use tokens or login credentials anymore. Until then...

Thanks for your response.
Let me preface this by saying I have no idea what a token is.
I purchased the app as you can see from my screenshot
Pardon my ignorance.
If I generate & supply a token to TeslaFi, for example, what is the security risk (vehicle hacking...)? Is it sort of a short term month to mo th exposure due to the expiration?
Also, can you kindly provide a more comprehensive list of compatible apps?
Also, I have 2 vehicles in my MyTesla account.
A 2018 Model S 100D and a 2018 Model 3.
Are tokens account specific or vehicle specific.

Thanks for your response.
Let me preface this by saying I have no idea what a token is.
I purchased the app as you can see from my screenshot
Pardon my ignorance.
If I generate & supply a token to TeslaFi, for example, what is the security risk (vehicle hacking...)? Is it sort of a short term month to mo th exposure due to the expiration?
Also, can you kindly provide a more comprehensive list of compatible apps?
Also, I have 2 vehicles in my MyTesla account.
A 2018 Model S 100D and a 2018 Model 3.
Are tokens account specific or vehicle specific.
For the benefit of anyone interested, I also PM’d @spudnik187 and he responded as follows...

spudnik187, 20 minutes ago
Tokens typically expire after 30 days. The security risk is with the app/site you’re using. If they were to get hacked, your token could be compromised. The only way someone could get your token from my app is if they could get past Touch ID/Face ID. Tokens are tied to your account, so you could use one token for multiple cars.