Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla toolbox issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I just purchased a 24h license to use toolbox in order to calibrate my front radar and/or diagnose any issues with autopilot since it’s stopped working. Can anyone who successfully used the toolbox software can help out ?
I have the manual if you need details on how to do this. Probably shouldnt just post it out in the open though

Reactions: rickyjb
I am just toying, don't have an elevated access but I enjoy learning ;)

Pretty sure learning VIN is impossible on fused cars; you'd need a dev board that hasn't been fused yet. (Fused = cryptographically signed and pretty locked down)
I was reffering to using a second hand part like charge port ecu but from what I understood you just need to redeploy if there are not config changes. I would appreciate if you can share the manual. Thank you :)

Reactions: YieldFarmer
I was planning to use Toolbox to recalibrate a driver's seat (no longer reclines forward, stuck in a fully backwards position), on an MCUv1 vehicle. I paid for access, but my password was but accepted to the Toolbox site for some reason. I could only access the factory service manuals. Has anyone else had this type of issue?

Even once I downloaded it, if I downloaded it. I'm sure I would need to figure it out, which is its own challenge. Any help there @gwxfer ?

Thanks in advance!

I was planning to use Toolbox to recalibrate a driver's seat (no longer reclines forward, stuck in a fully backwards position), on an MCUv1 vehicle. I paid for access, but my password was but accepted to the Toolbox site for some reason. I could only access the factory service manuals. Has anyone else had this type of issue?

Even once I downloaded it, if I downloaded it. I'm sure I would need to figure it out, which is its own challenge. Any help there @gwxfer ?

Thanks in advance!
Gumball is correct in that purchasing the Tesla service access does not give you access to toolbox.

If you know what you’re doing gwfxer has mentioned he can provide a bearer token in DMs

Adding a bit of a wrinkle to the existing situation, Tesla service billed me $750 by accident on July 1 recurring for the 24 hour access I'd signed up for. It was on my credit card statement. So now I've had to contact them, send them screenshots of my statement, etc, and it's still not yet fixed. The first few times were....useless. it was NOT a service center issue. I've not ever used a service center. Trying to get the representative to understand that was impossible. Absolutely frustratingly impossible.