Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Toolbox Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a couple codes I want to clear on my car. Is there any way to get this software? Does anyone here have access to it?

I have heard that certified auto body shops have access to it. Is there anything different with that version? Can they clear HV error codes?

Edit: The more I look into this, the more difficult it seems that Tesla has made this. Its not good. The used/out of warranty/rebuilt market is a HUGE part of the auto industry. New car sales RELIES on used/rebuilt sales. It seems like they dont want anyone to have this software, even in Mass which is a right to repair state. That unfortunately makes Teslas a throw away car. If they refuse to work on a used, out of warranty or wrecked/rebuilt cars AND deny people the ability to repair it themselves using Toolbox then it truly is a throw away car. Insurance rates are going to skyrocket. They will have zero value after an accident. I digress.... If anyone has access to the software please let me know. I need to clear a couple codes. Thank you.

I'm in the same boat. I agree with your conclusions. It's definitely eye opening to see how a company that is supposed to have great concern for the environment and climate so actively attempts to prohibit people from being able to reuse damaged cars. Even if the damage has nothing to do with high voltage.

I have a couple codes I want to clear on my car. Is there any way to get this software? Does anyone here have access to it?

I have heard that certified auto body shops have access to it. Is there anything different with that version? Can they clear HV error codes?

Edit: The more I look into this, the more difficult it seems that Tesla has made this. Its not good. The used/out of warranty/rebuilt market is a HUGE part of the auto industry. New car sales RELIES on used/rebuilt sales. It seems like they dont want anyone to have this software, even in Mass which is a right to repair state. That unfortunately makes Teslas a throw away car. If they refuse to work on a used, out of warranty or wrecked/rebuilt cars AND deny people the ability to repair it themselves using Toolbox then it truly is a throw away car. Insurance rates are going to skyrocket. They will have zero value after an accident. I digress.... If anyone has access to the software please let me know. I need to clear a couple codes. Thank you.

SO normally I would agree but I think that Tesla is aiming to become the insurance company which is huge for many reasons, in context though, they will be the ones who will total out cars.

This is important because they will be able to rebuild their own cars and re-certify them, or they can salvage parts and create a secondary market if they so decide to.

This is huge for us salvage guys as it puts us into an akward situation where we have to be the mechanic for our cars and figure out the software side of things. I am currently trying to figure out a solution for this myself. "Ingineer" rooted my car and allowed me to have access to supercharges but charges alot for this service. Access to diagnostic info is another 950$ through him.