Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla $tore - Items worth it or not worth it

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
I caved and ordered the covers for my aero wheels so i can take them off and go naked here and there. I also got a T shirt that has the Tesla logo embroidered too. Sort of expensive for 35 bucks since the shirt itself is pretty thin. Oh well....

Anyone got anything from Tesla store that they think is worth or not worth getting?

• Informative
Reactions: longshot49
I caved and ordered the covers for my aero wheels so i can take them off and go naked here and there. I also got a T shirt that has the Tesla logo embroidered too. Sort of expensive for 35 bucks since the shirt itself is pretty thin. Oh well....

Anyone got anything from Tesla store that they think is worth or not worth getting?
My birthday coincided with the week I took delivery of my Model 3, and I was pleasantly bombarded with Tesla-branded gifts. Love the peppered zipup hoodie, but thought it was overpriced at $75 and would have never bought that for myself (but isn't that the gem of getting gifts?). Water bottle is a sleek design but I prefer my HydroFlask. The white t-shirt is super lightweight and slim-fitting so it will never go in the dryer unless I want my daughter to inherit it.

On the flip side, I have the all-weather trunk liners and the front roof sunshade. These are custom fit and worth the expense, in my opinion. Car accessories? yes. Swag? Not so much, unless they are gifts!

My birthday coincided with the week I took delivery of my Model 3, and I was pleasantly bombarded with Tesla-branded gifts. Love the peppered zipup hoodie, but thought it was overpriced at $75 and would have never bought that for myself (but isn't that the gem of getting gifts?). Water bottle is a sleek design but I prefer my HydroFlask. The white t-shirt is super lightweight and slim-fitting so it will never go in the dryer unless I want my daughter to inherit it.

On the flip side, I have the all-weather trunk liners and the front roof sunshade. These are custom fit and worth the expense, in my opinion. Car accessories? yes. Swag? Not so much, unless they are gifts!

I wish they would bring the peppered hoodie back to the men's section. Not a big fan of the new black one, and the corp jacket may just be a bit too loud for me.

I like my Starman Mug. Also picked up a black T and red logo cap to wear at last month's Drive Electric events in Corpus Christi and Houston. The cap's become daily wear.

IMG_0285.jpg

Stroopewaffle? (sorry I massacred the spelling)

Yep! A friend's been tweeting about Stroopwafels of late, so I picked up some mini's when I spotted them at Micro Center on Sunday (was picking up a Pi to turn into a Commodore drive for my Vic-20 and C= 128).

IMG_0268.jpg

They were very tasty, though I then learned you're supposed to put them on top your coffee/tea/cocoa cup for a minute or two in order to melt the caramel, so I picked up the regular size when I was at the grocery store. Have a family event coming up, nephew's graduating from basic training (going to be a tank driver like my brother was), so I bought 6 extra boxes to bring to the gathering.
IMG_0277.jpg

Yep! A friend's been tweeting about Stroopwafels of late, so I picked up some mini's when I spotted them at Micro Center on Sunday (was picking up a Pi to turn into a Commodore drive for my Vic-20 and C= 128).

View attachment 344979

They were very tasty, though I then learned you're supposed to put them on top your coffee/tea/cocoa cup for a minute or two in order to melt the caramel, so I picked up the regular size when I was at the grocery store. Have a family event coming up, nephew's graduating from basic training (going to be a tank driver like my brother was), so I bought 6 extra boxes to bring to the gathering.
View attachment 344980
or get a smaller mug!

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
I took an Aero cover off once to show someone. When I went to put them back on one of the spring clips went flying, ugh. I would not want to take these off and on unless there was a good reason. Maybe just leave on in winter to compensate for cold temperature loss and off in summer.

Mine are just gonna stay on. I think they look pretty good on every color. They have a "dark" look (not "mean" they can have a "dark") with dark colors and contrast nicely with the light colors. Extra range any time is a good thing.

I bought the cap kit and have not even opened them.

I just submitted a return request.

Last edited:

Interesting. My niece brought a bag of these for me from Iceland. I have never seen them before... thought they were only available from Iceland. LOL. I was not given instructions on how to eat them, so I just stored them in the fridge and eat them cold. :p

You know, my niece also loves Ikea.. she may have just stopped there at the food store by the exit and bought those for me. Here you go.. they are from Iceland LOL. :D

Interesting. My niece brought a bag of these for me from Iceland. I have never seen them before... thought they were only available from Iceland. LOL. I was not given instructions on how to eat them, so I just stored them in the fridge and eat them cold. :p

You know, my niece also loves Ikea.. she may have just stopped there at the food store by the exit and bought those for me. Here you go.. they are from Iceland LOL. :D
I'm pretty sure my first taste of them was on a United flight where they were handed out as a snack...

Reactions: dmurphy

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
I haven't taken these off, but Aero Wheels spring clip flew off? Add some crazy glue so future you don't have to scramble to look for them.

Sometime you just want the wheels to go naked...:)

Those stroopwafels, have yet to see them in utah.

Yeah, good luck with crazy glue on something like that.
If I recall the clip is "floating", and it's only contact point is a sharp edge that applies force inward on the plastic and that point flexes.

When I saw the clip fly off, I immediate said to myself, these are not meant to be frequently swapped off, period.
Either keep them on or off. Swapping them on and off will get old eventually, regardless.

i took delivery of my P3D+ on my bday and got nothing extra. =\

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC