Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Total Customer Service Experience poll

What is your Tesla Customer Service experience? Check up to 3 responses.

• My issue(s) are addressed in a timely manner above my expectations

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • My issue(s) are addressed in a timely manner as expected

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • My issue(s) are addressed eventually

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I have talked to Tesla employee(s) about my issue(s) but nothing is getting done

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • I can't get anyone to address my issue(s)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Tesla has failed to address my issue(s) but I'm sticking with them

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I may not buy some products again because of Tesla's poor customer service

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joefee

May 29, 2011
WA
It is clear to me that Tesla has shut down traditional customer service eg call, text or email a single source and get a timely response that takes care of your issue(s). As a 2012 Sig owner, I remember the early days when George B headed up the "customer experience" team with "make me smile" customer service. Elon needs to make this a reality again if he wants Tesla to be a long term luxury brand for autos, trucks, solar, energy storage, etc. Please share your current or recent past opinion regarding your customer service experiences (up to 3) for all areas of Tesla Products and Services.
Please explain your situation below. You may update your vote (up or down) as needed.

• Helpful
Reactions: CoastalCruiser
With me it depends on which issues we are talking about. So I ticked 2 boxes.
One thing is for sure - I won't be an early adopter again. I have a wait and see attitude now (it could have been different Tesla!)

I am happy to be into my first EV though! And I thank Tesla for that!
The next EV is not so important anymore... Tesla brand loyalty? ...meh...

Here is the issue that sent me over the top: I was trying to get a refund for my unused prepaid service after I sold my Sig in March 2019. I was told that I could transfer the 8 yr extended warranty but not the 8yr prepaid service contract; this would require a request for a refund (I would have given both to the new owner). In my opinion, the refund should have been automatic or transfered to the Model 3 I bought to replace the Sig.

Since 3/2019,
I submitted the required paperwork to my service center and again online. After months with no reply, I asked for help from 2 service centers, 2 mall gallery managers, countless texts-emails-phones calls to others ... crickets! The most shocking part was how difficult it was to talk to anybody. The second was that NO ONE FOLLOWED UP when they knew how much difficulty I was having getting a status for the refund.

I finally asked a long time service tech of mine to help me out ... which he did. Within a few weeks I got the check one year latter 3/2020. Elon this is totally unacceptable!!!!!

Tesla have addressed some of the issues I have had with my M3 but others are awaiting software upgrades or new hardware. Whilst I think it is a great car, it should not suffer condensation issues in wet weather, the cameras should read speed limits, TACC should not accelerate to the, usually wrong, speed limit, voice control should be at least as good as my iPhone, etc etc etc. Getting service issues addressed has been a frustrating experience with very poor customer communication. Survey is difficult to respond to because some issues have been addressed to my satisfaction - others haven’t.

Tesla have addressed some of the issues I have had with my M3 but others are awaiting software upgrades or new hardware. Whilst I think it is a great car, it should not suffer condensation issues in wet weather, the cameras should read speed limits, TACC should not accelerate to the, usually wrong, speed limit, voice control should be at least as good as my iPhone, etc etc etc. Getting service issues addressed has been a frustrating experience with very poor customer communication. Survey is difficult to respond to because some issues have been addressed to my satisfaction - others haven’t.
That's why you have 3 votes eg you can answer for more than one Tesla experience/product.

Doesn’t seem logical to me to tick both Tesla have addressed my issue(s) and also tick Tesla have failed to address my issue(s)! I need Tesla have addressed some of my issue(s) but not others.
No poll is perfect but the idea is to use your 3 votes as a live report of your customer service experience across all of Tesla. So yes you can have both positive and negative votes at the same time. You may start out with 3 negatives and change to 3 positives. You maybe so pissed off you never change your negative vote(s). You maybe so positive you never cast a negative vote. It's the 3 most top of mind experiences. If nothing else it made me feel better to vent about my issues.

It is clear to me that Tesla has shut down traditional customer service eg call, text or email a single source and get a timely response that takes care of your issue(s). As a 2012 Sig owner, I remember the early days when George B headed up the "customer experience" team with "make me smile" customer service. Elon needs to make this a reality again if he wants Tesla to be a long term luxury brand for autos, trucks, solar, energy storage, etc. Please share your current or recent past opinion regarding your customer service experiences (up to 3) for all areas of Tesla Products and Services.
Please explain your situation below. You may update your vote (up or down) as needed.

Tesla customer service is abysmal. I was a HUGE fan, and a year and a half ago I bought my dream car, a Model S P90DL. I'm a car guy, I knew my Tesla wasn't perfect, but I didn't think their customer service would be so bad. It's nearly impossible to talk to someone if you have an issue with the service center. I had a control arm fail on my car and it's just been a disaster dealing with them. I got it fixed but what an ordeal, and they still never fixed everything properly. I owned a Dodge for 10 years and got better service from them.

Do not buy a Tesla if you expect any type of customer support. Read the posts on those control arm failures or a lot of other legitimate mechanical/technical issues, Tesla will just ignore you and hang you out to dry. Also read the posts about customer support, it's nearly impossible to talk to a real human who will actually try to solve your problem.

I believed Tesla could revolutionize the auto industry, but they are turning out to be just like the old big 3. They don't care about making good cars, or making the world better, or sustainable transportation, or whatever, they just care about hitting the quarterly targets.

I was just reading today about Elon's email to employees where he stressed that Tesla should focus on cost cutting and profit.

With a 1% margin, and accounting for regulatory credits as part of that equation, it would seem it's going to be some time before the focus shifts to taking the time to assemble the cars properly. Based on the sum total of reports, the vehicles are being almost literally thrown together in as short a time as possible and rolled out the door.

I have to wonder whether post sale repairs are not more costly than taking the time to snap the parts that snap together, screw down the screws, apply enough glue where used, and tighten the bolts properly the first time.

Reactions: 6364Dart