Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Touch Up Paint White Pssw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried to have an auto paint store mix touch up based on code?

Yes
My local body shop is contracted with Tesla so they paint tons and tons of them. I bought some for rock chip touchups.. the thing is, it doesn't matter how well the color is matched, since you're doing a touch-up with a little fingernail brush applicator, it's never going to be perfect.

Unless you're sanding down the area and doing a spray paint, it won't be seamless. You can't expect more

Has anyone used the white PSSW touch up paint from Tesla and had good results? I find it dries greyish and doesn’t match at all.

I've never used it on Tesla, but could it be if you didn't shake it for a long enough time?

Where are you trying to repair paint?
I have front PPF and in 14 month and 14k miles I have 0 (zero, zilch) paint chips. A couple of times I had the doors scratched, but those scratched were easy to remove with Meguiar's scratch remover.

I've never used it on Tesla, but could it be if you didn't shake it for a long enough time?

Where are you trying to repair paint?
I have front PPF and in 14 month and 14k miles I have 0 (zero, zilch) paint chips. A couple of times I had the doors scratched, but those scratched were easy to remove with Meguiar's scratch remover.

Front bumper. I shook it. It looks horrible.

Attachments

• DE776778-2EF7-4EE1-AF03-542DA8AC7A82.jpeg
    DE776778-2EF7-4EE1-AF03-542DA8AC7A82.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 203
Dr. Colorchip PSSW is a very close match. Used it and very satisfied with the result. Do not use Tesla's and there is a thread on this.

I would agree with this (for PPSW). It depends a lot on the damage, etc. I had some deep gouges on the bumper that were showing the black bumper material so this was very effective. If I apply more layers in the future it might even flush out.

Touch Up Paint Kits & Premium Packages - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Front bumper. I shook it. It looks horrible.

If you have scratches or other physical damage to the bumper, you should try to repair it first before painting. It may appear gray if the substrate surface is not smooth. Try to paint a glass-smooth white surface and see if this Tesla paint still comes out as gray. Also, using a white primer may help if you have original primer damaged/removed. ... and then I don't think the multi-coat paint can be painted with a brush with any expectation of a high-quality outcome.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC