Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Track Day???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to put together a track day for Tesla's. I think it would be a really fun event, looking to do lots of PR and make this an annual event. I don't have all the details but I figured, I would post something and get some feelers. Lets see where this goes. I know I am new and this could create some questions about payment. To avoid that, I am going to set something up where you pay the track directly. To move forward, I need to know there are enough people interested.

Event: Tesla only track day
Where: Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT
When: Fall, no dates confirmed
Onsite chargers: Yes they have 12 fast chargers
Track time: Depends on how many cars sign up. Details to follow.
Do I need a Tesla: Yes, one driver per registered car. Sorry I want to avoid 5 people sharing a car.
Driving coach: I am going to explore an option of offering a driving coach to an advanced group.

About Me: I am a Tesla advocate. I love racing and motorsports. I use to do a lot of motorsport photography, see my website here ----> www.brianciancio.com I am going to be on track that day but I might hire a photographer. This will only happen if we get enough drivers. I'm in the process of working LRP about cost and amenities that day.

ANOTHER OPTION: Lime Rock Park offers a TAPAS event. Its 175$, you get an hour on the autocross track, an hour on the race track and private instruction. This is a great way to learn how to drive your Tesla to the next level. No car prep, arrive n drive. Right now there are events on 9/9, 9/21 and 9/22. They can always create an event based upon interest.

@93Octane Hi, I’m also new to the Tesla forum and have been wondering if there are any Tesla track day events. I used to take my Porsche to the track at Summit Point WVA some years ago as the Porsche club would hold driver events from time to time. I’ve recently been wondering if there was anything similar to what the Porsche club does that could be done with the Tesla owners club.

As a former Porsche driver, and still enthusiast, in my opinion I think it may be a bit more difficult to find Tesla owners willing to participate in track events as I think they are a different breed of driver, no offense and again my opinion.

Those of you who have tracked cars in the past will know what I mean.

The TAPAS event sounds great, do you know of any events near the DC area?

Thanks.