Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla track pack tire pressure (cold) for lapping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally I managed to get hold of a set of original Tesla track pack rims/tires for my Model 3 in Austria. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect 245/35 R20.
Does anybody have a starting value for the tire pressure (cold) for these tires/dimension? The tires will be mounted this week and I will go off to track the car on Salzburgring.
We expect appr. 12 deg Celsius, so I would probably start with 2,7 bar.

Any hints welcome!

What's your plan? Are you gonna track regularly? Just once for fun?

Do you have any other mods to gain camber?
If not, you're gonna want some pretty high pressures not to kill those tires before you invest in proper track suspension.

If you want suspension mods with decent camber 2.7 Bar sounds okay to start and then watch tire temps/wear on the outside edge. That 245 width is pretty narrow for our porky cars, so you'll probably rolling on the outside edge regardless.

Finally I managed to get hold of a set of original Tesla track pack rims/tires for my Model 3 in Austria. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect 245/35 R20.
Does anybody have a starting value for the tire pressure (cold) for these tires/dimension? The tires will be mounted this week and I will go off to track the car on Salzburgring.
We expect appr. 12 deg Celsius, so I would probably start with 2,7 bar.

Any hints welcome!
See you there. Do you know if there is any group where those who go there talk?

See you there. Do you know if there is any group where those who go there talk?
There is no group but you can contact me via e-mail when you arrive at Salzburg. I have sent out an invitation for dinner with the instructors on sunday evening.

@dsgerbc I have suspension modified by KW with their setup for Nordschleife. I can only run rims/tires which are street legal in Austria because I have to go to/from track with the car (daily driver).

Reactions: Mash
What's your plan? Are you gonna track regularly? Just once for fun?

If you want suspension mods with decent camber 2.7 Bar sounds okay to start and then watch tire temps/wear on the outside edge.
I am motorsports instructor, so I track the car on a regular base. Unitl now I ran the OEM 20" rims and Michelin 4S, now with the track pack I can switch to semislicks.

Thanks for your hints!