Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade in estimate valid only for 7 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is we order new Tesla from their website it will take at least 3-6 weeks to receive the car,but what happens with our trade in estimate then, it says its valid only for 7 days?
Will they honor estimate amount after 1 month?
Thanx

I ended up rejecting my first car and by the time they got me a second my estimate was up by a few days. They just reassessed it at the store and gave me the same amount. Not sure how they do it now but the managers can do trade in stuff day of pickup.

Reactions: vegas888
The trade-in notice I got from Tesla said "Apply it to your Tesla order within the next 7 days." which I took to mean that I had 7 days to apply it to my order, not 7 days to take delivery (which would be unrealistic except for an inventory car or some other unusual circumstance. I could be wrong. I asked by sales advisor and he said that I might have to resubmit but it was not clear.

Reactions: vegas888
Tesla has been adjusting policies a bit but I believe there are still basically two phases of the trade-in process. An initial estimate which is good for 7 days and then a final offer which is good for 30 days or 1,000 miles. The final offer is what matters but once the 30 days is up, watch out! People have posted on here about seeing their trade offer drop dramatically even just a day or two after the 30 days. There have also been posts about trade values dropping after the 7 days but I think those are more due to discovered issues e.g., submitted pictures showing cosmetic damage, aftermarket equipment, etc.