Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade In - Number of previous registered keepers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

My V5C shows 1 previous registered keeper, the Tesla Trade In site asks for the number previous registered keepers. Do I include myself as the current keeper in this number (so previous+1), or put strictly what is on my V5C?

I noticed there is no option for 0 previous keepers which makes me think it is expecting me to include myself - but this doesn’t make sense to me.

Advice appreciated!

I would answer as of now, so for you 1, as that's the question (previous, i.e. before current).

Why they have no option for 0 (I presume you cannot leave the field blank?) is just bizarre. Unless this was deduced by a previous question? Or whoever designed the webpage didn't think, likely.

I also think, whatever the answer they won't care.

Worth checking Tesla, WBAC, Motorway etc. as they can all vary quite a bit and no one being better than another in all situations.
Just for fun got a Tesla trade in estimate and WBAC last week. WBAC was 2 grand more than Tesla (and within 750 of what I paid in September 20)

try motorway.co.uk, as they essentially auction directly to dealers, if you have something desirable (e.g. I sold a convertible at the start of summer) you can get a really good price. I got several thousand more than tesla had offered.

@Bobly surprisingly for me, motorway.co.uk were also some £3k short of what Tesla offered me this time around. :rolleyes:
I think WBAC feed BCA auctions whereas Motorway solicit bids directly from dealers.
I've had itchy feet recently and have been speaking to dealers who tell me almost at the outset they aren't going to be able to match WBAC on a trade in, which has never happened before. Feels like WBAC is keeping the bubble inflated; interested to hear others' views

@Bobly surprisingly for me, motorway.co.uk were also some £3k short of what Tesla offered me this time around. :rolleyes:
Interesting how it varies from one to another, just from experience I got way over their initial estimate, but I guess a lot of that was due to the spec (I’d ticked a lot of boxes when I originally ordered the car, so was pleasantly surprised as it was really above my expectations).