Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade-in request form

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t bother!!!!

Basically Tesla will share the details of the car with a group of dealers and offer you the best offer they get which will be crap.

Tesla do not want or will they take your car they are essentially a 3rd party, they gave me a price online then when it came down to it reduced the price by 3k.

You’ll get a better deal from we buy and car or Arnold Clark

and BCA auction pricing probably explains why Tesla offers usually iro 20% less than trade
(if you go to autotrader you can value your car without having to faff with entering personal details and get some idea of selling price)

Just requested a trade in for my 07 reg 7 series with 150k on the clock. Autotrader private sale estimate 3100, part-exchange 2100. They are offering me 2,685.

Considering this is no-fuss drive in and exchange option it's pretty good.

It’s a shame that Tesla aren’t interested in their loyal customers when trading in.
It may cause owners to swap to other more established manufacturers in the future with better residuals.

I don't know that most other car dealerships are any better.

They are always looking to leverage their margin/manufacturer support and what they can get for your trade-in to persuade you that you are getting a good deal.

If you need to hear a higher price on your trade-in then that is what they will give you, but you'll get a lower discount on the list price...

Negotiate a deal without a trade-in then ask them for a trade-in price at the end and you'll probably see the same sort of numbers as Tesla are offering.