Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade-in request form

Fellsteruk

Feb 24, 2018
North West, UK
Don’t bother!!!!

Basically Tesla will share the details of the car with a group of dealers and offer you the best offer they get which will be crap.

Tesla do not want or will they take your car they are essentially a 3rd party, they gave me a price online then when it came down to it reduced the price by 3k.

You’ll get a better deal from we buy and car or Arnold Clark

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
and BCA auction pricing probably explains why Tesla offers usually iro 20% less than trade
(if you go to autotrader you can value your car without having to faff with entering personal details and get some idea of selling price)

theoceanwaves

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
omni-present
You will get a very low price back for the trade-in. Tesla don't want to be involved in this business but if they have to will probably offer you much less than webuyanycar

Yev000

May 3, 2019
Knaphill
Just requested a trade in for my 07 reg 7 series with 150k on the clock. Autotrader private sale estimate 3100, part-exchange 2100. They are offering me 2,685.

Considering this is no-fuss drive in and exchange option it's pretty good.

Subevo

Sep 10, 2017
Scotland
It’s a shame that Tesla aren’t interested in their loyal customers when trading in.
It may cause owners to swap to other more established manufacturers in the future with better residuals.

Mark_T

Nov 1, 2017
UK
It’s a shame that Tesla aren’t interested in their loyal customers when trading in.
It may cause owners to swap to other more established manufacturers in the future with better residuals.

I don't know that most other car dealerships are any better.

They are always looking to leverage their margin/manufacturer support and what they can get for your trade-in to persuade you that you are getting a good deal.

If you need to hear a higher price on your trade-in then that is what they will give you, but you'll get a lower discount on the list price...

Negotiate a deal without a trade-in then ask them for a trade-in price at the end and you'll probably see the same sort of numbers as Tesla are offering.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC