Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade in request response time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if others can let me know how soon they received an offer for their trade in. I emailed the trade in form 5 days ago with no response. I know that it’s the end of quarter and things must be busy at Tesla but thought I would have received an offer by now.

I searched other posts but didn’t find anything. i appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mine took 3 days. I wanted to see how it compared to KBB. It was slightly lower than KBB. However, there is 8% sales tax where I live. Therefore, trading in my car ($19,900) with Tesla will save $1,592 in sales tax. Therefore, about the same as KBB and not worth the hassle of bringing it to a different dealer. If you live in a state without sales tax, then Tesla Trade-In may not be the way to go for the best value.

I’m wondering if others can let me know how soon they received an offer for their trade in. I emailed the trade in form 5 days ago with no response. I know that it’s the end of quarter and things must be busy at Tesla but thought I would have received an offer by now.

I searched other posts but didn’t find anything. i appreciate any help.

Thanks
I had a similar situation. 7 days nothing and what I was told by the SA was that the trade-in was stuck in process for some reason and he contacted the trade-in department and got it resolved it went through right away. SA also said because it was stuck my RN was also stuck so it was like the order never went through due to the trade in situation even though my trade-in was in good condition. So my advise is if you haven't heard in 7 days or more, you need to contact them to ensure your reservation is not also in stuck. Trade-in is no big deal, getting the order stuck is much more of an issue. Reason trade in is no big deal is because it's only good for 30 days once approved, and your Tesla might not be ready by 30 days. I almost took the trade-in off but decided to keep it but if it expires before my Tesla is ready, I'm ready to cancel the trade-in and bring it to a local place like Carmax.

Reactions: rcsting
I had a similar situation. 7 days nothing and what I was told by the SA was that the trade-in was stuck in process for some reason and he contacted the trade-in department and got it resolved it went through right away. SA also said because it was stuck my RN was also stuck so it was like the order never went through due to the trade in situation even though my trade-in was in good condition. So my advise is if you haven't heard in 7 days or more, you need to contact them to ensure your reservation is not also in stuck. Trade-in is no big deal, getting the order stuck is much more of an issue. Reason trade in is no big deal is because it's only good for 30 days once approved, and your Tesla might not be ready by 30 days. I almost took the trade-in off but decided to keep it but if it expires before my Tesla is ready, I'm ready to cancel the trade-in and bring it to a local place like Carmax.
May I ask why you are considering canceling the trade-in after 30 days and not just re-running it if the delivery goes past 30 days? I have even read in some threads that sometimes the value can go up based on the supply & demand of your vehicle and Tesla's algorithm.

May I ask why you are considering canceling the trade-in after 30 days and not just re-running it if the delivery goes past 30 days? I have even read in some threads that sometimes the value can go up based on the supply & demand of your vehicle and Tesla's algorithm.
I didn't want my order to get stuck again. Basically take that trade-in out of the order processing equation. I know trade-in value with Tesla is also less, but I also liked to convenience of just driving to the service center where I can pick up the car and driving a new car back. But if it's going to constantly caused an issue because their order process/system is not able to handle such request, might as well eliminate that issue all together.

Mine took 3 days. Tesla’s offer beat Vroom by a bit, but more importantly to me it was way more convenient. It was nice to drive to the delivery center in the old car and return home in the new one. Minor convenience benefit, but was nice.

Reactions: rcsting