Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade in value vs. delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will probably receive an email asking you to update the odometer reading every month and get a new quote. I did update the reading last week and got a new quote. My EDD is between Nov.18 and Dec.08, so I guess I have to update the reading one more time before taking delivery.

At every odometer update (when your trade-in quote expires every month) they will requote you. There is no guarantee that the quote will stay the same.

At my first odometer update, my trade-in value went down 45%. I did have a 3rd party quote from Autotrader but the first Tesla quote was the best one overall. In the end, at about the 2 month mark I got my VIN and I did another quote with Tesla, which was about 90% of the original trade-in quote, which I took since it also took off some taxes for the vehicle.

Definitely something to watch out for.

Reactions: Lephturn
At every odometer update (when your trade-in quote expires every month) they will requote you. There is no guarantee that the quote will stay the same.

At my first odometer update, my trade-in value went down 45%. I did have a 3rd party quote from Autotrader but the first Tesla quote was the best one overall. In the end, at about the 2 month mark I got my VIN and I did another quote with Tesla, which was about 90% of the original trade-in quote, which I took since it also took off some taxes for the vehicle.

Definitely something to watch out for.
thanks !

Hi there, I just submitted a trade in request for my 2021 Model 3 SR+ and my "net trade-in credit" is $33,800. I still owe 23k on the car, so are they valuing my car at $56,800, or are they valuing my car at $33,800?

It says "Your Trade-In credit is your trade-in value ($33,800) minus the estimated payoff amount you provided.

I'm just wondering if theyre going to give me 33,800 towards my new Y, or only 10,800 lol