Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade-in Value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gone from a trade-in value of $52,600 on 8/09 to $55,200 on 8/20. It’s a Long Range Model Y, Red with Black Interior and the 19” Gemini wheels, no Tow but FSD purchased after delivery. It’s a September 2020 build. I have an order in on a 2021 Model Y spec’d the same exact way but without FSD. I love my exact trim and options but I like the upgrades. I know more upgrades are coming and it’s never going to completely satisfy me and I’m not sure I’m actually going to make the new purchase yet but wanted to keep my options open. It’s EDD is 11/3 - 11/23. How long does the Tesla trade-in value last? What happens if I don’t have the new car by then? It’s my understanding that Tesla does NOT buy the car until you take delivery of the new one. I can get and have been offered more from CarMax and Carvana but they require me to give up the car fairly soon. While we have a backup car to use in the meantime I’d rather not be without a Tesla for 3 months or mabye more. Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

I have gone from a trade-in value of $52,600 on 8/09 to $55,200 on 8/20. It’s a Long Range Model Y, Red with Black Interior and the 19” Gemini wheels, no Tow but FSD purchased after delivery. It’s a September 2020 build. I have an order in on a 2021 Model Y spec’d the same exact way but without FSD. I love my exact trim and options but I like the upgrades. I know more upgrades are coming and it’s never going to completely satisfy me and I’m not sure I’m actually going to make the new purchase yet but wanted to keep my options open. It’s EDD is 11/3 - 11/23. How long does the Tesla trade-in value last? What happens if I don’t have the new car by then? It’s my understanding that Tesla does NOT buy the car until you take delivery of the new one. I can get and have been offered more from CarMax and Carvana but they require me to give up the car fairly soon. While we have a backup car to use in the meantime I’d rather not be without a Tesla for 3 months or mabye more. Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks.
Sell privately. You’re going to get significantly more money for very little additional effort.

If you absolutely feel compelled to trade it in, DO NOT use Tesla.

Reactions: NJEV-Don