Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla trade-in values decreasing :( Nov/Dec 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m scheduled for delivery next week of my M3P but the App is still processing my trade in value. Will the App eventually provide me with a specific value, or is it the same wide range I get if I go on Tesla’s website and enter my VIN? Need a Plan B (sell somewhere else) if the offer is too low. Thanks

Did you take pictures of the exterior and interior of the app? If so, then you’ll get a specific value. Good luck! I thought my trade in value was bad, but now the new car prices have dropped…..
I’m scheduled for delivery next week of my M3P but the App is still processing my trade in value. Will the App eventually provide me with a specific value, or is it the same wide range I get if I go on Tesla’s website and enter my VIN? Need a Plan B (sell somewhere else) if the offer is too low. Thanks

Bit of a thread hijack; Leased our MY LR AWD Nov/20. Turning it in Nov/23 and intend on buying same model (not leasing it!). On the other hand I'd love to keep my current, flawless, treated like a baby MY but, as of this moment Tesla won't let me (my understanding anyway). How the heck can I convince them to sell me my car back? I'd give 'em a good price for it!

Rich

Did you take pictures of the exterior and interior of the app? If so, then you’ll get a specific value. Good luck! I thought my trade in value was bad, but now the new car prices have dropped…..
I did take pics…and yes, I’m anxious of the value given used prices are cratering

Any idea how far out I’ll get a specific price considering I take delivery next week (Tues)?

Bit of a thread hijack; Leased our MY LR AWD Nov/20. Turning it in Nov/23 and intend on buying same model (not leasing it!). On the other hand I'd love to keep my current, flawless, treated like a baby MY but, as of this moment Tesla won't let me (my understanding anyway). How the heck can I convince them to sell me my car back? I'd give 'em a good price for it!

Rich
Just an opinion but there were SO many improvements from 2020 to 23 I would let them have it and take a new year model. I counted at Least 30 positive changes in my consideration.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
Strongly suggest one of the dozen used trade sites like Carvana You’ll get your number in minutes and they pick it up. Way easy.
When I did the used trade sites about a month ago, Tesla was still better by $1-2k

And that’s not taking into consideration the tax savings (if allowable in your state) from reducing the taxable amount of the purchase price (in the full amount of the trade in value, another $2-3k)

Reactions: GermanKief
With Tesla's price....how do you value a used Model 3 now??

Looking at 2022 Model 3 LR for $44K. under 5K miles.

What do you guys think?
A new M3LR in inventory is $49,990. I know not everyone qualifies for tax credits but with fed tax credit ($7.5k) and for those with state tax credits (~$2k) that can put it at $40.5k. I wouldn't pay more than that for 22'

With Tesla's price....how do you value a used Model 3 now??

Looking at 2022 Model 3 LR for $44K. under 5K miles.

What do you guys think?

From that inventory website, M3 inventories are starting to climb again and hitting Nov highs (not Dec highs yet). X are at highs as well, S inventories are pretty high and only the Y is really limited.

As someone else stated, I personally wouldn't pay anything over what the price of new - tax credit is (even though not everyone will qualify since that's what the used prices will eventually reflect from past history).

Reactions: btcutter
I was offered $26-$29k on 12/30 for my M3 LR (46k miles).. they just updated my quote to $17k now that I have a Model S Plaid on order.. Something is definitely fishy with the way they way they are going about their estimating.. Carvana was $26k then and now they are only down to $23k so I may just go with them..