Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting challenge and wishing you good luck; but I suspect that the last trade will be the hardest of all....I can't imagine trading my Roadster for anything :biggrin:

Thank you for the good luck Nigel... Yes I know, this is all part of the adventure. I seriously have no clue how I will seal the deal at the finish line. All im doing now is trading one item at a time.

I'm hoping that my last item up for trade will bsown item that will be so rare or an experience that would only happen once in a lifetime that someone will have to trade with me... We'll see... :smile: if you see anything that has potential please let me know :biggrin:

Thanks again!

This whole Tesla Trade-Up thing would have been slightly more awesome & entertaining if he'd started with a radio controlled toy one and traded up to the real thing! Maybe next time.

Seriously though, I have a feeling that Roadster production may be ending before TTU can realistically hope to get one. Not that he's expecting to swap for a new one, but I guess there will be a pricing low point (it's all relative) in the next six months, then all Roadsters start to become more valuable. I how many ICE cars TTU will swap his way through on the way up!

TeslaTradeUp: As you keep us informed, do you think you can post an estimated dollar value of the items you're swapping out of? It would make an interesting graph. For... er... some of us. Those of us who like graphs.

This whole Tesla Trade-Up thing would have been slightly more awesome & entertaining if he'd started with a radio controlled toy one and traded up to the real thing! Maybe next time.

Seriously though, I have a feeling that Roadster production may be ending before TTU can realistically hope to get one. Not that he's expecting to swap for a new one, but I guess there will be a pricing low point (it's all relative) in the next six months, then all Roadsters start to become more valuable. I how many ICE cars TTU will swap his way through on the way up!

TeslaTradeUp: As you keep us informed, do you think you can post an estimated dollar value of the items you're swapping out of? It would make an interesting graph. For... er... some of us. Those of us who like graphs.

Hi Slackjaw - thanks for the reply!

I really have no clue how it will all work in the end - Hopefully I get enough attention for a new one?? Who knows... all I can do right now is work my way up one item at a time.

Here are the approx value of the Items I traded - a lot of lateral trades though... Hopefully my next item will generate more buzz! :) :

Minolta Camera: 50$
Talkswitch: Not 100% sure, but it was listed on ebay for 250$ at one point. It was extremely hard to trade
HP Computer: Traded strategically for more trade offers - 150$
Acoustic guitar: 250$
Electric Guitar: 300$
Next trade that will be announced May 3rd: 1200$ value...