Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys - it's been a while since I posted. Just wanted to let you all know that my quest is currently featured on Autoblog Canada! WOOT!

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/09/08/ottawa-man-trading-up-to-tesla-roadster-from-old-crappy-film-cam/

Nothing new on the trading front - I still have the HootSuite enterprise package. It's been quite hard to trade thus far. I'm finding it quite difficult to find the right contacts for a company large enough that would benefit from this social media management package. If anyone has leads for me, please let me know! :)

Hi Everyone,

Just though I would drop by to give an update to show you all that I'm still alive.

Unfortunatly, I have to say that I hit a road block with the last trade. The HootSuite Enterprise account is extremely hard to find a trade match for. I have found zero people interested in the package.

I guess that will show me for not learning from my mistakes - I remember the Shopify package was also very hard to swap and when I finally traded it, I told myself that I would never trade for another service - only tangible stuff or unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

In any event - I come to you again for a last plea for help. I need to find contacts for a company that would benefit from this package. I would love for that company to be involved in EVs so that I can get back on track with items that are more related to my quest's theme. And at this point - I'm not looking for a 12000$+ item in exchange. I'm just looking for an item that will get me back on track. :)

Thanks to all of you for your continued support!

Cheers from freezing Ottawa....

Hi There! I'm aiming for the Roadster. Although the Model S would be a lot more practical for me now, having two kids and all. I have to stick with my original plan. :)

I did contact Tesla and they said that they are under contract with another social media management currently, so this trade would not benefit them in the least. :( Too bad....

Just curious - did you receive your Model S yet?

Hi There! I'm aiming for the Roadster. Although the Model S would be a lot more practical for me now, having two kids and all. I have to stick with my original plan. :)

I did contact Tesla and they said that they are under contract with another social media management currently, so this trade would not benefit them in the least. :( Too bad....

Just curious - did you receive your Model S yet?

Not yet, I'm guessing another 60 days or so. (based on Tesla's estimate of February - March).

Not yet, I'm guessing another 60 days or so. (based on Tesla's estimate of February - March).

I see you got your S!! How are you liking it so far?? :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is a shot in the dark - but hey, I'm really hoping for some help. :D

By any chance, does anyone on here know Jay Leno? I'm shooting high with this question as you can see! I just thought he might dig what I'm trying to accomplish since he's a huge EV fan. hehehe

If not, does anyone have any connections at ESPN?? Thanks everyone!

I've been working hard on selling the HootSuite account but no one's biting... Just hitting wall after wall :) This is turning out to be a hard package to trade.

I do have some good news for my quest though - seems like I can import an American roadster into Canada! That greatly improves the number of potential people I could do my final trade with! WOOT!! I'm a long ways away... but hey I'm still dreaming!

Here's the document:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/roadsafety/vafus.pdf

Tesla Motors Admissible vehicles for import into Canada:

Roadster models built from May 4, 2009 to
August 31, 2011 inclusively
(see Notes)

Last four digit VIN range starting #0501 (build
week 5/4/2009) extending through #1420
(build week 8/29/2011)

Notes:
Contact Tesla Motors Canada to determine the
exact nature and cost of modifications required. Possible
modifications may include: daytime running lights,
electronic immobilization system
[EIS]
, metric odometer
and speedometer labels.
[EIS]
read paragraph #9 of the "EXPLANATIONS" section.

Hi Everyone - sorry to be such a pest but I need some help.

I just got offered this amazing looking sailboat in exchange for the HootSuite account I currently have... I really want to accept the trade but I know nothing about sailboats... Does anyone on this forum know anything about them?

IMG_0151.jpg

It'd probably be a lot easier to trade the boat later on, so I'd take it. Even if it's "value" isn't higher than what you have now.

Plus, then you could live in the boat and sell the house. Trade up with yourself ;). Just kidding, but I agree with rolos. You will probably get a lot more offers for the boat and be able to continue the trades.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

So I got some information from the guy. Good news is that it floats... However, he did say that the interior needs to be refurbished and there's some painting to be done on the outside.

It is a 1976 Bayliner Buccaneer 24/26 Foot - looking on the internet though, the you can find some for 3k$... Not sure if I want to go through all that trouble...

I got a bit carried away - thought the boat would be around 10k... :( Back to the drawing board...

Sorry everyone to annoy you again with this... I know you all must be bored to death with this thread by now :( I'm totally running out of ideas...

Just today, I got a hold of someone at SpaceX but they have no need for the HootSuite enterprise account - however they were super nice about it. I've even spoken to Tesla, and they too use another service for their social media outreach.

Would anyone be okay with giving my quest and the HootSuite account a shout out on their LinkedIn account to help me out and get some connections? I know, I'm totally asking a lot but I'm really hoping it points me in the right direction. :)

Or even - if you know of anyone that would be entertained by my quest and could help me out. Please let me know...

As always - you guys have been awesome. Thank you so much for not deleting my thread!