Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! One step closer to your dreams I hope. Btw, you're really "finally free" from gas until you go fully SOLAR/WIND/HYDRO power so call your power company - see if you can opt for clean energy, make noise if they don't have it, and while you're at it, install solar panels on your property if you've got the space!

Ya - I have no room for solar except for my roof. I wish they would be more affordable. :( We have a lot of incentives in my province for residents and companies to feed the grid with solar. Just not sure how many take advantage.

Congrats! And Smart move! Hope you still manage to trade your way to a Roadster, though.

Thanks Doug! Quest is still on! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Congrats! I was seriously thinking of leasing the Smart EV as well and making my Roadster a garage queen/weekend car. Good long with your ongoing Roadster quest!

Seriously - you should! It's a hoot to drive! :) I am loving it. I'm on cloud nine right now.

Thanks for the encouragement for the quest - it's still on for sure! If ever you know someone that wants an electric bike, please let me know! :)

Thanks for that! :) I replied to his post.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats as well on the ForTwo. 3.3 kW charger I think allows for a nice 30A 220V installation for the car? You should be able to get something at a decent price for installation.

Yup it does... only thing is that due to my poor planning.. When I finished my basement, I ran 10/3 wire from my panel to the garage that can handle max 30amp... All of the 30amp chargers require a 40amp breaker circuit. So I'm assuming I need higher gauge cable to handle 40 amps right?... or can I stick a 40amp breaker on the 10/3 wire?

My vanity plates have arrived for the Smart ED.... I picked a 3 year lease for a reason... :)

uploadfromtaptalk1407889324825.jpg

Now that is dedication and determination!

Ha thanks! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Damn right! :) Better keep that video in mind when I pull up beside you at a red light! hahahaha Haven't seen you on Hunt Club in a bit... I guess our work times aren't in sync anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool article about me on Transport Evolved:

http://transportevolved.com/2014/08/18/canadian-tried-trade-tesla-ended-smart-instead/

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had the amazing chance to test drive a Model S last Thursday... needless to say, IT KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF! It was everything I was hoping it would be...

It has really made me re-think my goal car for my quest... The Roadster IS the reason why I fell in love with electric cars and Tesla. It remains my dream car! However, after driving the Model S, I have come to the conclusion that it would be a dream to end up with ANY Tesla Motors vehicle. In terms of utility, the Model S would make much more sense for my family. :)

Cheers everyone!

Here's a pic:

smart_tesla.jpg

IMG_5344_small.jpg

Last edited:
...In terms of utility, the Model S would make much more sense for my family. :)...
View attachment 61872
I don't know. I would say that the "utility" of a Roadster is equivalent to the Smart. So, that being said. Each car has a different "fun to drive" factor to it. The newer Model S will be adding the "fun" of auto-pilot, whereas the Roadster is one where the one driving does FEEL LIKE a Pilot!