TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla trading quality for quarterly results?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by santana338, Oct 9, 2014.

1. santana338

santana338 Member

Am I imagining things or does Tesla seem to be letting cars go out the door without their usual rigorous quality checking? I have seen posts from new owners with all kinds of problems that seem like they should have been found prior to leaving the factory. Some of these have been brushed off as minor "fit and finish" issues. I just hope Tesla isn't taking a page from old Detroit and just pushing cars out the door to boost quarterly profits thinking they will just fix them later at the service center.

I hope Tesla continues to improve quality since this is one of the best features of the car. If the Model S starts getting a reputation as a car with lots of problems that takes several service center visits to get cleared up, this is going to hurt.

2. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I hope not.

3. Ed Chan

Ed Chan Member

All I can say is I'm not surprised about the large fender gaps and misaligned parts. It's a hallmark of american manufacturing :p