Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-5.44.04-AM.jpg

Reactions: AZRI11
Tesla Cybertruck 2020 Trailer 3D model OBJ MTL 3DS FBX STL BLEND
3D model from various angles. This could be a relatively important product assuming Tesla are actually going to sell them:
  1. Due to the high bed sides, I assume that the CT won't be able to be used as a fifth wheel. In addition, as it doesn't have a ladder frame, it could over stress the bed.
  2. Could the trailer integrate cameras for improved driver experience?
  3. Could the trailer integrate cameras / sensors for FSD?
  4. Plenty of use cases for a trailer with power from the towing vehicle

Reactions: Brando
No, I'm not intending to live out of it. I was looking at 20' for travel.

Are you looking at the 2917

It's absolutely nutty how expensive LFP batteries are for RVs and trailers. $1k for 100Ah which is about 1kWh. Then you need the electrical system around it, a maybe a propane/diesel generator, ...etc... Its incredible how much people spend on RVs and trailers. I'd say all RV appliances are garbage, let alone the RV and trailers themselves.

Full electric with solar and a massive house battery (similar to a Powerwall + CT battery) that can power everything including heat/AC for days/week(s) is what I'm looking for. That would simplify and open up so much. The interior doesn't have to be finished. That's something I would like to do and update to suit my wants and needs.

That thing is huge, I am guessing it is going to be expensive since it will probably need its own battery pack