Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla tried to cancel my delivery this year and I said no.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Gave me a bunch of crap like

-Couldn’t be built this year.
-No local inventory.
-Any other inventory in neighboring areas is going to be 4K transport charge and still provably won’t make it.
-I could always pay 10K more and get the P version I don’t need.

I unloaded on the poor rep who was unlucky enough to get the job of giving me *sugar* on a Saturday morning.

Blew up his phone till he got sick of my bitching and set me up with a store demo.

After confirming the inventory match, I flew in next day Sunday morning 4 hrs ahead of delivery time.

After plane landed, I got a text saying they changed change the delivery again to the next day.

I said no, and was driving my new car back within an hour.

Those who really want their car this year, keep fighting. There‘s bound to be something somewhere if you are persistent.

Wow congrats I guess. In the end you got it. Shitty you had to jump around

Everyone was pretty nice and tried to help.

They have a bear of a fight on their hands and the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

You have to help them help you. It’s very easy to get lost in the hundred thousand orders on a per individual basis.

In the middle of it all I feel they do what they can. Even got hooked up with an unexpected freebie.

ADB0436A-5CB0-47A9-88D9-A0CA9E67273F.jpeg

Reactions: Dr. J and jbcarioca
For the last day, it won’t be possible to get help on the phone. Walk right into a major delivery center and tell them to find a car for you. They do exist - I am finding them through inventory search engines like ev-cpo and lasse.

• Helpful
Reactions: jbcarioca

-No local inventory.
-Any other inventory in neighboring areas is going to be 4K transport charge and still provably won’t make it.

I unloaded on the poor rep who was unlucky enough to get the job of giving me *sugar* on a Saturday morning.

Blew up his phone till he got sick of my bitching and set me up with a store demo.

After confirming the inventory match, I flew in next day Sunday morning 4 hrs ahead of delivery time.

After plane landed, I got a text saying they changed change the delivery again to the next day.

Those who really want their car this year, keep fighting. There‘s bound to be something somewhere if you are persistent.

All I can say is that the rep is happy that you live no where near the store.
What a inconsiderate thing to do. Someone else probably lost a car due to your antics

-No local inventory.

Congrats for getting it done. The incompetence with these reps is unbelievable. They're not all that motivated with not being on commission anymore.

All I can say is that the rep is happy that you live no where near the store.
What a inconsiderate thing to do. Someone else probably lost a car due to your antics

I think we were both happy that a solution was found. Any rep of average and higher IQ/EQ would recognize a customer is going to lobby for themselves.

The funny thing is there was probably a chance the car I ordered got built anyway and I made someone else happy. Clearing out a demo allows someone else to have a brand new car buying experience. It allows Tesla to put another new car on the floor and it counts as a new car sale for the company. WIN WIN WIN.

Cool - you berated some poor sap to get a beat-on demo car. Feel better?

The assumption is I was a jerk - I wasn't. It is very possible to be very firm and very insistent and also be very polite at the same time. The rep is the one that holds the keys - he could have not helped which would have changed the resolution calculus for me.

I don't blame him for wanting to take it easy if he he could put me on "next years" list. He shouldn't blame me for self-advocating.

In the end, he closed a sale, I got a car and I'll be happy to write kind words next year for his extra effort.

Folks, this forum really works best when we focus on cars, not personal attacks.

I agree but personal attacks add so much spice. They are really fun. I would PREFER it that no personal attacks get moderated as long as mine don't get moderated in return. ;)

On that note, while we don't agree on everything I wanted to say I think you are a very good guy @OCR1. You try your best to help a lot of people without any of the snarkiness that comes with the package.

Last edited:
The assumption is I was a jerk - I wasn't. It is very possible to be very firm and very insistent and also be very polite at the same time.
You said "I unloaded on the poor rep who was unlucky enough to get the job of giving me *sugar* on a Saturday morning." Then you "Blew up his phone till he got sick of my bitching and set me up with a store demo."

I can appreciate being firm but polite but that doesn't sound like this - no offense.

You said "I unloaded on the poor rep who was unlucky enough to get the job of giving me *sugar* on a Saturday morning." Then you "Blew up his phone till he got sick of my bitching and set me up with a store demo."

I can appreciate being firm but polite but that doesn't sound like this - no offense.

You have to fight for yourself.

Game recognizes game.

We got it done, and that's all that matters in the end.

You have to fight for yourself.

Game recognizes game.

We got it done, and that's all that matters in the end.

All of the store and delivery center employees hate the EOY and EOQ periods because they are all doing deliveries and working long hours. They've got a lot of folks trying to get last minute details worked out.

And to have someone "I unloaded on the poor rep who was unlucky enough to get the job of giving me *sugar* on a Saturday morning." well, you said it, you unloaded.

And the worse part is that you don't even seem to think badly about what you did, in the end, you won, no matter how many people how to bow to you tantrum. Sounds like a 3 year old.

• Disagree
Reactions: Celeritas and KJD
All of the store and delivery center employees hate the EOY and EOQ periods because they are all doing deliveries and working long hours. They've got a lot of folks trying to get last minute details worked out.

And to have someone "I unloaded on the poor rep who was unlucky enough to get the job of giving me *sugar* on a Saturday morning." well, you said it, you unloaded.

And the worse part is that you don't even seem to think badly about what you did, in the end, you won, no matter how many people how to bow to you tantrum. Sounds like a 3 year old.

Nope. I helped him do better in the future. When he calls the next person, he can anticipate how to assuage upset people on the phone.

His script in the future is going to be:

"Sir, I unfortunately have bad news for you. However, I've done some research and these are some options for you."

as opposed to

"We are really sorry but your car isn't built as we expected and it won't be done before the end of the year".
<silence>
<silence>
<me processing wtf I just heard>

Unloading would have been unnecessary had I received script #1.

So Mr. EWoodrick, if you ever need something DONE in the future, you can call me.

Nope. I helped him do better in the future. When he calls the next person, he can anticipate how to assuage upset people on the phone.

His script in the future is going to be:

"Sir, I unfortunately have bad news for you. However, I've done some research and these are some options for you."

Oh really? You don't think that he has ever gone through those steps? Get real.
Again, overworked employees at busiest time of the year. I am sure that the rep was happy to take all the time reading your texts (and deleting them) and then learning something that they already knew.