Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trifecta/Utopia (Solar, Storage, Car)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering how many have the Tesla Utopia currently. I'm a Tesla Model X owner. Considering Solar for my town-home (not likely to happen...in HoA). Would like to get the PowerWall 2 (by referrals...so please use).
Are there people who have this and would like to get their feedback (positive/negative)... what are the Gotchaa's... of having this Trifecta.

• Funny
Reactions: AEdennis
I hit the trifecta last August with installation of a 9.8kW solar system and Powerwall, to complement my Teslas. Or maybe I have a "quadfecta"...

No "gotchas" except for the obvious: the price. Just pure solar energy powering my home and cars.
So you produce enough energy for charging the cars and storing to the powerwall from Solar alone?

what was the cost of solar?

9.8kw is a HUGE system, you are very lucky to be able to mount all that is all I can say :)

Just 40 panels, works fine for me, could have more... but most of the solar just goes into netmetering to the grid, actual car charging happens at night. And a home battery wouldnt put much of a dent into charging a 90kWh tesla car battery...

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    340.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Love
Reactions: Ulmo and ModelX
I hit the trifecta last August with installation of a 9.8kW solar system and Powerwall, to complement my Teslas. Or maybe I have a "quadfecta"...

No "gotchas" except for the obvious: the price. Just pure solar energy powering my home and cars.

Earlier this month. Installed our 3 PW2s... the solar is pre Tesla Solar Roof, it works just fine... still having some optimizing challenges. But hopeful that it gets resolved..