Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trip not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I are planning to take our 2021 Tesla M3LR from Western MA to Los Angeles later this year. I went to the "Go Anywhere" page on Tesla.com several days ago. I selected my car model, then my starting point and end point, and waited, and waited and waited, but nothing happened. I had the same problem just now when I tried to do this again. When I first got the car in 2021 this page on the Tesla website worked fine. Has anyone else had issues like this? And, yes, I know I can use A Better Route Planner to plot my route, but right now I want to know what's wrong with Tesla's "Go Anywhere" feature.

I've had that page do all kinds of goofy things, and eventually gave up on using it. I now use the car's built in navigation and A Better Routeplanner for this kind of planning. Some people really like EV Trip Planner .

If you want the most accurate prediction I recommend charging your car to about 90% at home and putting your destination in the navigation.

A Better Route Planner is a good alternative on your computer. A lot of people use it for a quick estimate and expectation of what their route would be.

That said, the Tesla trip planner just worked for me. This isn't a Mac web browser technical support forum, but I agree with marcham - clear cookies, restart your browser, try a different browser ... but the Tesla tool is very limited in comparison to other options.

1644850926611.png

I just checked on my Mac. No issues. Maybe, check under Safari's settings for the website. You can access that up under the Safari menu or if you have a Settings wheel in the app's menubar. Maybe unchecking "Enable Content Blockers" for the website will help. So, did a quick comparison and the Tesla planner is showing 54hrs to go from Shelburne to LA, while ABRP is showing 47hrs. The Tesla planner is not all that precise.
by default 2022-02-14 at 2.15.17 PM.jpg

So, did a quick comparison and the Tesla planner is showing 54hrs to go from Shelburne to LA, while ABRP is showing 47hrs. The Tesla planner is not all that precise.

I think the Tesla planner pads charging time by about 5 minutes, and has the driving speed be at or BELOW the posted speed limit. I have my ABRP speed set to 110% the speed limit. The last time I checked, after subtracting out all the charging time, the Tesla planner's remaining drive time was significantly higher than even a Google Maps route plan which uses speed limits.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
I cannot get tesla.com/trips to work at all. I enter the two locations and the GET ROUTE button always stays disabled and will not enable. Tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies, incognito mode. Nothing works! Very annoying.

OK. After messing with it for some time, I finally figured out the problem. The interface expects you to pick an address from the drop down each time! So if you cut & paste addresses and don't select one from dropdown it doesn't work (even for valid addresses) NOT obvious at all! Basic usability issue. I think the developers should change it so that if they leave the field without selecting from the drop down, it auto-picks the closest match for them.

• Informative
Reactions: XPsionic