TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla trip planner - no M3 SR+?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by OCJoe, Jan 27, 2020.

1. OCJoe

OCJoe Member

Looking at this link
    Go Anywhere | Tesla

I see no option for M3 SR+ in the left panel.

Is this user error? Or is it just not there?

2. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

It's...not that great a tool anyway.... try:

A Better Routeplanner

which has a TON more options available

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  3. RKowch

RKowch Member

Yes, my wife and I drove 5,000 KMs from Ontario to Florida and back at Christmas in my M3 Standard Range Plus and used AbetterRoutePlanner. It was very accurate. I just added 10% more range then what it suggested to get me to the next Supercharger in case it was off a bit due to weather, traffic, etc...I have done this trip several times with a few other cars and hated being in that car after that amount of time in it but still love driving my M3!

• Like x 1
  4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Not there, you can go with the Model X Standard range to get close.
    You can always just ask the car.

• Like x 1
  5. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

That particular website is just a Marketing Tool.

Best to plan trips using abetterrouteplanner.com

• Like x 2
  6. KenMast3rs

KenMast3rs Member

Do you guys log in to ABRP using your Tesla credentials (via cars web browser too?)

7. rdskill

rdskill Member

Not an error. Guess they can't be bothered.:( Lack of love for the SR cars.

8. Philly 2222

Philly 2222 New Member

The PlugShare App also has a great map feature for long distance travels. Abetterrouteplanner looks great as well.

Curious about other long range travellers (Canada to Florida via I79/77). Just returned home (ICE) due to concerns about time/charging/etc. and wondering how much additional time (and nights) others add to their Florida planning?
    Cheers.

9. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

You missed an opportunity to enjoy driving your Tesla. :)

Trip impact depends on your model. If SR+ you'll stop more often, for longer. If an LR, you shouldn't notice any real impact. The car is easier to drive, which offsets the slight impact from charging stops, IMHO.

Disclaimer: We drive everywhere we can, which included going out to Northern Colorado at Thanksgiving and suburban Chicago for XMas & New Year.

Use abetterrouteplanner to plan the trip and figure out where to stay overnight, based on how many hours a day you want to spend in the car. We try to avoid more than 11 to 12 hours, including supercharging, but we have done the 740 miles between here and Chicago twice now in a single long day, which is closer to 14.

10. Hi I’m Isaac

Hi I’m Isaac New Member

While it’s true you’ll stop more often, I’m a firm believer that stopping for less time (11%-60%) is better than stopping longer to avoid additional superchargers. Stopping 6 times for 10 minutes is faster than stopping 3 times for 30 minutes.