TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Triumphs but questions remain - The Street

Discussion in 'News' started by teslasguy, Feb 19, 2013.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

You're part of history :)

2. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I've speculated enough over the last month about reservation rate, cancellations, etc. At this point I'll just wait to find out tomorrow. Although I'll miss the conference call because I'll be busy picking up my Model S at the factory. :wink:

3. strider

strider Active Member

I think it was a good article. I too have been concerned by the short timeframes being quoted to new customers.

One possible explanation missed by the author was how many of those reservations are international. Perhaps Tesla is running into regulatory delays in Europe and APJ and if those builds are being pushed back they're able to slot in US cars earlier.

4. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I'll just point out that to his speculation on the various possible reasons for the short delivery schedule, the proper answer is "all of the above". The reasons aren't mutually exclusive.

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The other possibility is that the sources in stores for 30 day delivery info don't know what they're talking about. It wouldn't be the first time.

6. Frankc

Frankc Member

Just called the factory team. The word there is that the soonest a new order would be delivered is best case (right configuration) 60 days. I agree with the last few posts, all of the above, combined with double the initial wait. He had also heard that the field (local Tesla stores) have quoted 30 days, but that schedule is not correct (according to him). He also volunteered, that the new red (which I know artsci is interested in) will start production shortly (March). I could not pin him down on what day in March ...:redface:

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

A bit of time fudging lessens the "Aw shucks" from a customer.

8. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Glad to hear red is still going into production in March. The street article said April and my mouth dropped.

9. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

A lot of customers are finalizing right now with March/April, which implies potentially faster times. But regardless, even 60 days is faster than it should be. I really do hope there hasn't been a large number of cancelations, but all of the data seems to point in that direction.