Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trolling Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m in Mallorca for a week, Model 3 resting back in Edinburgh and where do I happen to be staying? The same hotel that Porsche have flown European staff to for electric car training with their new Taycan. Tesla Spain have parked an S in one of the dedicated EV charging bays (never seen Porsche branded ones before?!) and posted in the window “Interested in buying a Tesla, please call this number....” Gave me a chuckle.

Attachments

• BCB31AF9-8B86-4B5A-8668-BC0EC78DFF60.jpeg
    BCB31AF9-8B86-4B5A-8668-BC0EC78DFF60.jpeg
    766.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 50EED1F8-97F6-4AF2-85F9-8CB242B1C58C.jpeg
    50EED1F8-97F6-4AF2-85F9-8CB242B1C58C.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 5F45260D-4955-4E3D-BB81-E439506F35F1.jpeg
    5F45260D-4955-4E3D-BB81-E439506F35F1.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 146
So I’m in Mallorca for a week, Model 3 resting back in Edinburgh and where do I happen to be staying? The same hotel that Porsche have flown European staff to for electric car training with their new Taycan. Tesla Spain have parked an S in one of the dedicated EV charging bays (never seen Porsche branded ones before?!) and posted in the window “Interested in buying a Tesla, please call this number....” Gave me a chuckle.
The funnier thing is that they probably won’t be able to get through to anyone when calling the number :p:D

Nightmare! Lol

Tesla Spain have parked an S in one of the dedicated EV charging bays (never seen Porsche branded ones before?!) and posted in the window “Interested in buying a Tesla, please call this number....” Gave me a chuckle.

It has German number plates so could just be a prank by someone, not sure if Tesla Spain would really bother themselves.

Last edited:
Right, because if it was Spanish it would have an 'S' for eSpaña, rather than a D for netherlanDs ... or is that Dutch-land? :D /s

What's your point? I am not debating what the D stands I am just saying its not from Spain.

The car is in Spain and the OP said it was sent by Tesla Spain, I was saying that it is not a Spanish numberplate that is all whether the D is for Germany or another country...

What's your point? I am not debating what the D stands I am just saying its not from Spain.

The car is in Spain and the OP said it was sent by Tesla Spain, I was saying that it is not a Spanish numberplate that is all whether the D is for Germany or another country...

You said it was German in your initial post and then got defensive when you were corrected, and now you're arguing against a clearly flippant post joking at your expense. This should not be so serious - voting down the comment is immature and petty.

Fragile egos are the root cause of many issues on forums, so I'd suggest shrugging and moving on with knowing that D is Deutschland. I bet you a Islay single-malt you correct the next person you see or hear making the same mistake.

Fàilte

You said it was German in your initial post and then got defensive when you were corrected, and now you're arguing against a clearly flippant post joking at your expense. This should not be so serious - voting down the comment is immature and petty.

No was not being defensive about being corrected as I wasn't trying to guess the country's numberplate and corrected my post, the only point I was making was that it wasn't a Spanish numberplate as Tesla Spain was being referred to by the OP.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Wooloomooloo
Wow, log back on after a few hours and see this thread has taken a turn! Haha So ignoring where the car is actually registered, I merely said there was a Spanish number to call displayed in the windscreen if interested. And actually now a white Model 3 has joined it, charging from the other station. This one does have a Spanish plate...just before WW3 breaks out here....