Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmation bias is always at work, no getting away from it. However, you could say the same thing for Amazon, Apple, and others during their early days.
With the numerous market Tesla is addressing, I have no hesitation to say I give a 95% probability of TSLA reaching a 2T market cap by 2030. However 40T is over the Golden Goose modelling. It’s the All others go bankrupt Model.

Reactions: Queeg500
Tesla (TSLA) launches new 'Energy Plan' to offer low electricity rates with solar and Powerwall VPP - Electrek

You are eligible for the £0.08/kWh tariff if you have:
• A Tesla vehicle
• Electric Vehicle Charger installed at your home or are able to have one installed
• Solar panels and Powerwall (Or a home suitable for this)
• Residential electricity supply
You are eligible for the £0.11/kWh tariff if you have:

If you haven’t already seen it I highly recommend this video from the Tesla VPP/Autobidder team:

Nobody is going to hold off buying a powerwall for home storage and backup just to wait for some future car battery that'll cost a ton more

Cost a ton more? Seriously? The PowerWall is $7K for 13.5 kWh. Or $39K for 75 kWh. For 20% more you could have a whole LR AWD car around a battery that size. (Somehow I think all the Model 3 except the battery is worth more than $8K.)

Cost a ton more? Seriously? The PowerWall is $7K for 13.5 kWh. Or $39K for 75 kWh. For 20% more you could have a whole LR AWD car around a battery that size. (Somehow I think all the Model 3 except the battery is worth more than $8K.)

Yeah I live very very comfortably and full on Tesla fanboy. I have solar and 2 Tesla's in the garage. Even I have a hard time sealing the deal on the Powerwalls. I'm waiting it out as there will certainly be cheaper Powerwalls in the future and or with much better incentives. And, maybe, V2G which would work fine for me needs.

Once these things come down in price it'll be interesting. That said, as a Tesla shareholder I'm glad they're a ton of cash and there's a huge backorder.

Last edited:
Yeah I live very very comfortably and full on Tesla fanboy. I have solar and 2 Tesla's in the garage. Even I have a hard time sealing the deal on the Powerwalls. I'm waiting it out as there will certainly be cheaper Powerwalls in the future and or with much better incentives. And, maybe, V2G which would work fine for me needs.

Once these things come down in value it'll be interesting. That said, as a Tesla shareholder I'm glad they're a ton of cash and there's a huge backorder.

Only reason we got power walls is that MD gave us 5k back.

Somewhat OT, but I found this chart interesting considering it kind of includes Tesla's founder:

ElSF7YoWMAEORFH

Our generator runs on natural gas. It was $9000 for 20kw unit. The company comes once a year for oil change and maintenance. It turns itself on automatically once a week for ten minutes to maintain itself. I would love a power wall, but with snow on our solar panels two months of the year, the generator is better for us. A recent storm with hurricane winds took power out for some of my friends for 4-5 days. With good solar year round, I would get a power wall.

Hopefully someday soon after the 4680 batteries are in full production Tesla can make a home-level ~80Kwh pack that's a generator replacement for under $10k.

If production costs for the batteries are under $50/kwh that would be ~$4k to make the pack, so I think hopefully it could retail for under $10k. I think such a product would have LOTS of takers.

Tesla (TSLA) launches new 'Energy Plan' to offer low electricity rates with solar and Powerwall VPP - Electrek

• A Tesla vehicle
• Electric Vehicle Charger installed at your home or are able to have one installed

If you haven’t already seen it I highly recommend this video from the Tesla VPP/Autobidder team:

• A Tesla vehicle

yep it’s up now in the UK I have been on this for 3 weeks.

With the numerous market Tesla is addressing, I have no hesitation to say I give a 95% probability of TSLA reaching a 2T market cap by 2030. However 40T is over the Golden Goose modelling. It’s the All others go bankrupt Model.

I completely agree. Anything significantly more than that is predictions from la-la-land. But 2T in 10 years, is "only" 5x from today. And while that's nothing to sneeze at, given that we just witnessed 5x in less than a year, it's not too surprising that some people wish for similar growth rate continuing in coming years. But IMHO that's just not realistic, no matter how well Tesla continues to execute.

Reactions: OrthoSurg and Drax7
OT: I tend to think its Not a Celebration, and you can Not buy it from the website:

Or its a sip of TSLAQuilla. /s

P.S. While we're off-topic, I predict Alex Trebek will retire this year to be replaced by Ken Jennings. :eek:

Cheers!

"P.S. While we're off-topic, I predict Alex Trebek will retire this year to be replaced by Ken Jennings."

This is huge, huge news!