Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed, Elon should donate a custom-built Tesla limousine to the Biden White House. :cool:

This is a really good idea, @Curt Renz . Cadillac provides the current presidential limo, but it is actually a GMC truck chassis made to look like a car.

Tesla should do the same - They could build a large custom Model S body on a Cybertruck platform, and add in the Roadster SpaceX rocket pack option for extra presidential protection.

Oh - and all the Yukons & Suburbans the Secret Service uses around the motorcade could be custom Cybertruck SUV's. Someone needs to tweet this to Elon

Last edited:
I would think if the stock is >$700 by then the MM have lost control?

Not sure. January expiration are extremely hard.

I have memories of TSLA being walked back down that much to let these calls expire worthless. Chances are, stock might go up to 800 around December inclusion which is his 10x estimated price and then gets walked back down to less than 700 in January

More likely it's a preprogrammed and standard sale plan that has been established for a year or more, that is pretty common among senior executives of companies. It's a mechanism for diversifying away from having one's paycheck and investments all in the same company. I wouldn't put any particular weight on this particular sale by Ms Barra.

Which doesn't mean that I think it's a good idea for a company that I plan to invest in. My own take as a shareholder, is that it's too easy for me and the CEO to have different objectives - the CEO is running the business for quarterly gains and progress. As a shareholder, I'm looking for a long term vision, plan for that, and execution in support.

I was a senior exec in publicly traded companies and participated in stock grants, options, and pay for performance. In my experience, when a company is growing insiders tend to accumulate and sell to cover taxation. When companies are struggling or when an exec is about to exit then larger sales of accumulated stock are more common. Insiders have to report their trades and have other trading restrictions. Unloading half of an exec’s stock at $40m+ is noteworthy.

Our great leader has a profound word for us on this great day:

upload_2020-11-23_23-3-50.png

What a year this has been. I cracked my skull from a scooter accident 2 months ago. Got covid a month ago so had to reschedule my follow up appointment with the skull surgeon. Just had the follow up and everything is fine and covid was just a stuffy nose for me. In the meantime I became pretty rich cause of Tesla stock.

Wanna go get some hairline fractures to further boost the stock?

This is a really good idea, @Curt Renz . Cadillac provides the current presidential limo, but it is actually a GMC truck chassis made to look like a car.

Tesla should do the same - They could build a large custom Model S body on a Cybertruck platform, and add in the Roadster SpaceX rocket pack option for extra presidential protection.

Oh - and all the Yukons & Suburbans the Secret Service uses around the motorcade could be custom Cybertruck SUV's. Someone needs to tweet this to Elon

the presidential limo has a pretty insane list of required capabilities. It’d cost millions to whip up a prototype from scratch, and eat up a lot of engineering resources for a one-off product that is essentially a publicity promotion.

Are you being serious? Because you might want to review the cybertruck reveal videos. It's not a "platform" like how truck frames are platforms. The cybertruck body is the "platform". It would be easier for them to electrify the cadillac limo instead.

To your point, perhaps a model X or model Y for the presidential limo instead? Model S' has been up-armored before, so it should be possible to do with a model X or Y.

That's a really bad idea in my opinion.

A receipt to lose with nothing to gain

Factchecking is not often wrong. Suggesting here that the purchasing must be completed on the 21st rather than the 24th. Can anyone confirm? The 21st makes more sense to me.
https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1330954449771257856

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1330965371126484992
Here, he is suggesting that 90%+ of float is not accounted for. I am not as optimistic on this - not something I say often. However, I am expecting a squeeze beyond $1k... 90% would be an infinite+ squeeze.
I think he's wrong on one aspect. He points out that there are 106 funds that are overweight TSLA by 108M shares, and subtracts that number from the ones that have to be bought on the market. I don't agree with this logic. Those funds are overweight because that is what they wanted to do. Why would they want to revisit this decision now? For example, the ARKK ETF is wayyy overweight at around 10-12%, and Cathie will sell a bit as it apprecates, but certainly not 8.5% of it! (Note: not sure whether he counts ETFs as funds or not, but I could have used Baron's funds as an equivalent example; just that people here tend to have heard about ARK.)