Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Among several others, Rob discussed it in one of his videos and Gary Black addressed it in Twitter.

Thanks! I feel bad when someone mentions Rob, Dave Lee or any of the other various outlets that follow TSLA as closely as those in this thread, like I showed up to class today without reading the assigned Chapters last night (which I normally do), lol.

Thought about liquidating calls just for the weekend to save on theta decay, but outweighed by rising IVs and likelihood of >600 in premarket.
Discussion must now move to the likely effect of S&P announcement: will it cause a drop in IV even if goes as expected? A market starved for news will make news out of anything.

$DJI +0.1%
COMP +0.9%
SPX +0.2%

NKLA -7.6%
GM -0.9%
F +0.1%
FCAU +0.3%

TSLA +2.0%

A fourth consecutive day of TSLA all-time intraday and closing highs :cool:

NKLA -7.6% - Should really be -37.6%...can't really understand how a company with 0 products and 0 in-house development is still worth this much.

The baseline is going "all-in" at $373 ($74.60 post-split) on March 19.

I plunged heavy into 210115C650s last week which have tripled. My IRA is up 60% since Friday's close.

"Once in a lifetime".

I've always heard "10-bagger" used to refer to a single trade or, alternatively, an average cost basis.

But I still don't see how you figure an ~8 bagger plus a 3 bagger = a 10 bagger. :confused:

Thought about liquidating calls just for the weekend to save on theta decay, but outweighed by rising IVs and likelihood of >600 in premarket.
Discussion must now move to the likely effect of S&P announcement: will it cause a drop in IV even if goes as expected? A market starved for news will make news out of anything.

I was thinking an announcement of two tranches could cause even more buying pressure next week as speculators rush to get in before indexers are forced to buy.

Right before the bottom of the hour, CNBC felt the need to mention the minor Tesla recall. For any other company, such a recall would be a non-event. I get that Tesla is high profile, but does seem odd to mention, especially when the timing of the mention by CNBC is taken into account. TSLA saw about a $6 decline right after the CNBC mention.

Odd timing, yes.

Or business as usual in the TSLA investing universe. :)

Actually they are producing it for quite a while now. Look up e-up!. Not saying that it's a good car or smth but it's a small electric car.
The VW e-up!/Skoda Citigo IV/Seat Mii trio is EOL. Their production was supposed to end earlier this year, but VW was lacking EU ZEV Credits so they opened the order books for a limited time again this fall. Over here they offered a quote of ~200 and it was sold out in 4 days. They will produce these pre-orders thru 2021, but at some point next year it is done and they are not taking any more orders either.

The ID.1 is supposed to be replacing it, but it is not due for 2-3 more years.

I've always heard "10-bagger" used to refer to a single trade or, alternatively, an average cost basis.

But I still don't see how you figure an ~8 bagger plus a 3 bagger = a 10 bagger. :confused:
I meant it in terms of the total value of my IRA.

After last Friday's close, I was at 6.18x. Since then, 1.52x more (only the big 15Jan call purchase last week tripled in value). Finished up at 9.42x after the late slide. The mid-morning peak was sweet while it lasted.

FIFO can be adjusted to other sale arrangements. I’ve changed mine with my broker to LIFO (Last In First Out) for minimizing tax ramifications on trading shares.

HiCost is even better if you trade regularly -
upload_2020-11-27_12-36-10.png