Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All indicators for 2019 are confirmed bullish AF

Cheers :D

Capture-2018-12-31-22-42-18.png
Don't forget the other one, might be important! That's a double haha for you there, my friend.
Happy New Haha!
haha.jpg

hnltesladec31.png

Here is a beautiful picture my friends. I spent much of the week washing and prepping cars with the Tesla employees in Honolulu to make sure all Teslas on the island found their happy homes prior to 2019. By about 8:30pm the backlog had been taken care of and those delivery bays on the left side of the picture are now empty. We did it! Happy New Year all!

View attachment 365137
Here is a beautiful picture my friends. I spent much of the week washing and prepping cars with the Tesla employees in Honolulu to make sure all Teslas on the island found their happy homes prior to 2019. By about 8:30pm the backlog had been taken care of and those delivery bays on the left side of the picture are now empty. We did it! Happy New Year all!
Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Congratulations @Tesla team!!

DvzuXwEU8AEtZtE.jpg

11:17 PM - 31 Dec 2018

Note Elon in the middle of the second row from the front with his arm raised. They all look pretty happy.

Not a cult, but more than business

Happy 2019 everyone!

My lovely wife left at 6 p.m. local time to spend New Years celebration at Thai temple. No one to kiss at home this year, not even a dog or cat. Nice to share New Years on TMC. I will kiss her when she gets home, so a virtual kiss to all of you and best wishes for us all in the coming new year. Tesla and Tesla staff, and Elon and the executive crew too. Also, welcome on board to the new board members and the remainders; we expect a lot from you in the coming years.

Just returned from Fremont Delivery Center!

I arrived around 11:15 pm and met up again with Robert, a volunteer who had been there since 6:30 pm straight. Robert told me earlier in the day it appeared like people were driving their new cars off the lot (there is one way out since they check you out) about every 30 seconds. I asked are you sure? and he said yes!

Anecdotally, I think Elon's last-minute Employee FSD Beta Tester $11K discount worked. I showed an R&D employee from Deer Creek Road who never learned how to operate a Model 3 how to download and link the Tesla app, etc. He told me he literally decided to buy the car 3 hours ago. His wife said "we took whatever they had" (black paint in their case). He and his family were very excited. I thanked him for volunteering to Beta (Alpha?) test FSD with the new hardware.

At midnight, a great cheer erupted from the back room area where about 50 Teslarians process paperwork, etc. It was more like a "we made or exceeded our delivery target!" kind of cheer instead of what you would hear for New Years.

When I left, I noticed that almost all vehicles inside the building were gone. The car handover parking in the front and side of the building was about 80%+ empty, also.

The funniest thing occurred while we walked to our 3 when an anxious employee ran up to me and my family and asked:

"Did you key your keys?"

me: "Yes, don't worry we picked our model 3 up here on Sept. 28th I just stopped by to see if I could help out".

He didn't hear my response and said:

"Okay, great! You have your keys. Now you need to drive your new car off of our lot immediately so that you qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit."

I repeated what I said and he thanked me for stopping by.

(Earlier after midnight I confirmed with a man waiting for his vehicle he was promised that TSLA would make up the $3,750 credit shortfall to him.)

I counted only about <= 20 parties still waiting for their cars after midnight. That is only a $75,000 liability at that location for TSLA. I think the goodwill earned will more than make up for it.

I drove by Tesla Factory Outbound Logistics Lot on the way home and it was almost empty. The factory parking lot appeared to have a skeleton crew for production line maintenance, etc.

I will try to upload and post my videos from earlier this evening later today, since it's time for me to crash.

Returned from a 10 minute 9:30 pm PST visit to Fremont Delivery Center.

Later will post a video walkthrough from the parking lot into and around the store, which was very crowded. I spoke to a volunteer outside on my way out. He said when he arrived at 6:30 pm, there were about 50% more people inside (packed) with people lined up outside just to register and get inside. There were countless "hosts" inside helping the customers when I was there. Through the windows driving away, I could see approx. 50+ people working backstage I imagine on paperwork, turning on AP, etc. Overheard one host apologizing to a customer it would be another 1 hour before they received their car.

I also took a 3-minute drive through the parking lot where they buffer the cars for FDC. What struck me was it is now almost empty compared to full when I drove through it late yesterday afternoon and posted this video (12/30/2018):

When you think about it, this makes sense. They moved A LOT of cars in the past 24 hours!

I recorded the 9:30 pm parking lot drive using the new Model 3 Dashcam feature. It creates a series of ten one minute videos when you press save. I will upload them tomorrow, but may not have time to combine them properly in a video editor.

On my way home, I found a Tesla "secret stash" further South on Fremont Blvd. where my wife estimated there are over 1,000 new Teslas parked. I drove through a neighboring parking lot so I could capture part of this huge parking lot using my Model 3 Dashcam. I will post this video tomorrow also.

It's 10:55 pm PST now so I am headed out again for my final visit of the evening. I live above the factory ~4 miles away so it is easy for me to drop in. I plan to stop by the Outbound Logistics Lot on my way back just after 1/1/2019 0000.0000!

Happy & Healthy New Year 2019 and the years beyond to all, including the Shorts! (Notice I didn't write Prosperous since the Shorts are included!) LOL

At midnight, a great cheer erupted from the back room area where about 50 Teslarians process paperwork, etc. It was more like a "we made or exceeded our delivery target!" kind of cheer instead of what you would hear for New Years.

I guess that explains Elon’s latest tweet. I assume the target was pretty high and that they beat Q3 soundly, maybe a lot higher than ”analyst” estimates?! Will be exiting times the coming days! A typhoon is coming here with 2inches rain/hour and 60mph+ winds, but I am more excited about Tesla numbers haha.

I tried to imagine what we can expect from Tesla in 2019.

Tesla will very soon start production for China and for Europe, which allows compensate the demand which I expect to decrease to 3000 cars a week in average. This moves will allow Tesla to prevent price reductions in 2019 and securing high margins.

New entrants (e.g. from Porsche) are a risk the superior position of Model S and Model X. These models, which still still are crucial for Teslas profit, were also sold very good because they were available all over the world wile Model 3 wasn’t. To keep demand high, Tesla should upgrade Model S and X with the superior battery technology of Model 3 beginning of Q2. This would improve the density of the battery by 18% and increase efficiency during production and maybe also during driving. This enables the introduction of a new top configuration: 115 kW or 120 kW.
This change would cost Tesla about 10 GWh/year battery capacity at Gigafactory 1 which are expected to be 35 GWh/year by End of Q1, which means that model 3 quantities will not climb as fast as one could hope.

At the same time beginning of Q2 Tesla could introduce the new Supercharger V3. Teslike found out that Model 3 has an EPA Rating of 184 kWh and he expects an upgrade. For battery longevity and to motivate customers to buy high end versions, it is possible that only the LR Version gets this improvement, while MR gets at least at the beginning and SR no improved charging rate. Model X and S could get 240 kWh for the 100 kW version and 280 kWh for a possible 120 kW future top model. This approach would reduce the pressure for Tesla to instantly upgrade all Superchargers in the world from V2 to V3.

The autopilot hardware V3.0, which I expect to be groundbreaking, could be introduced beginning of Q3, to keep demand high after the cut in half of the tax credit.

Now about the new plant in Shanghai: The accelerated schedule sounds to me that they have chosen a solution which is as simple as possible. Maybe the planned capacity increase in Freemont from 7’000 units to 10’000 units a week was moved to Shanghai. Tesla has quickly built the “tent” assembly line. I believe them that they will be able to start up production in the second half of 2019. To make assembly as simple as possible and since alternatives to Tesla cars are cheaper in China than in North America or in Europe, they could the initial production limit to SR RWD. In this case it would make sense to retrofit an assembly line in Freemont to the SR configuration with the new battery pack end of Q2 (before the tax credit halves). This enables a smoother startup of the production in China and training of key personel of the Shanghai facility in Freemont. I expect the production of small quantities of Model 3’s SR including Premium Package for North America for a prize of 41’000 USD (3000 USD reduction for smaller battery size and 1000 USD for the easier to manufacture battery pack in comparison to MR). After that, I expect the stop of the SR production in Freemont until to December 2019.

For the whole year, I see the potential that Tesla could produce up to 460’000 cars, increase the revenue to up to 45 billion including the energy business and generate a profit of up to 2.4 billion.

When I read my calculated numbers, these numbers sound very bullish to me. We will see.

Andfor the New Year,
Elon surpassed on Twitter his first Kardashian!
He's the 77th most followed account:
Find out who's not following you back on Twitter, Tumblr, & Pinterest.
(click the button at the bottom to show more accounts)

He grows at a very high pace compared to others, so I expect him to hike the leaderboard in the following weeks.

In other news...
My baby boy will be born in days, any moment is good now.
This forum has been an amazing companion this year: I came here to read, learn, calm my anxiety for this wonderful and terryfing new thing that will change my life forever.
I thank you all for this great place, I know what I'm saying when I state that there are not many great communities like this on the web.
I hope for a great 2019 for Tesla, a great 2019 of civil and informative discussion of TMC, a great 2019 in which the world will understand that a solar revolution is possible, that we can do it.
I know for sure this will be a great 2019 for me ;-)

Andrea

Trying to gather some numbers in GM and Ford's unsold inventory, as i seen a quote thay have over 2 million vehicles unsold on there inventorys, can not find any data freely avalible to back this up. Yet no one seems concerned this old technology is going to sit and rot away.

It would be best viewing number of unsold vehicles as a percentage of overall turnover of inventory. 3000 cars on inventory is less than 1.8 percent of vehicles. An average vehicle production company holds aproximatly 16 percent of production as inventory.

The information above is just form a quick Google search, so I haven't fact checked it, but if it's off the mark I'm sure some one will chime in!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

What if the rumor was true?

Tesla Vehicles SOLD OUT (Almost) | CleanTechnica

The rumor is that Tesla has been producing a consistent 6,000+ units/week of the Model 3 in this last month of the year. Combined with normal Model S & X production of 1,000/week each, that is 8,000 new Teslas each week. The math whiz kids say that translates into another record production quarter. In Q3 2018, the production was just over 80,000. With the weeks starting at 6,000/week and ending with at over 8,000/week this quarter, a production of 90,000 Model S.3.X is a fair, optimistic guess.