Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not only Daimler who had to cut their BEV production by half.

I just received confirmed & reliable information that a BEV production line is literally standing at a major OEM caused by battery supply issues. Can't disclose the name.

This will have a major negative effect on customer who will get soon delay notifications but all other suppliers continue to deliver their parts of course which needs to be stored somewhere causing major supply chain issues and driving costs up. Expecting therefore more profit warnings in 2020.

Porsche!

Reactions: wipster
Lol, there's gonna be tooth'n'nail drag'ur'mama'inna'streets resistance at $555, and for the next 6 months. :p

Above all else, Shortz are now driven by their emotions and need to strike out. To bad this is the top-of-the-Eighth, and Elon is pitching a no-hitter... :D

Cheers!
If you would have 666 or even 777 I'd think about it... 555, too low, especially after next Wednesday and the shipping of the Y's.

Reactions: LN1_Casey and Tim S
Here's a scary quote about VW's software architecture, found by @FrankSG:
... ... ... [Lots of wisdom scissored out]

The only way VW could have acquired proper software was to buy Tesla last summer, below $200. Instead they gambled on Tesla becoming even more exposed to a takeover and missed their chance.

I was holding my breath all summer for this not to happen. :D
Whew. :D

Batterijproblemen kosten jobs bij Audi Brussel

Audi wanted to build 77,000 e-Tron 50, 55 and Sportbacks in Brüssel this year. But because of battery shortages they cut the production with 4,100 to 5,700 EVs in the first quarter of 2020.

They get their batteries from LG.

Source in dutch: Batterijproblemen kosten jobs bij Audi Brussel

Edit: Article also mentions Mercedes cutting production of EQC in half to 30.000 for 2020 but an earlier post in this thread mentioned that Mercedes refuted that claim.

Last edited:
Hey, @KarenRei . You can add this to your collection of lame charger designs.

VW deploys first electric car charging stations with giant integrated batteries - Electrek

A9881A57-98E8-43ED-8980-8F25830391E6.jpeg

My personal preference: I value charging rate over range (minimal acceptable range for me would be around 220 km on the WLTP cycle) and prefer a sub-compact hatchback over larger cars.

Me too, in principle. The catch is however that to get a high charging rate, you need a large battery to not fry it while charging...

Last edited:
Batterijproblemen kosten jobs bij Audi Brussel

Audi wanted to build 77,000 e-tron 50, 55 and Sportbacks in Brüssel this year. But because of battery shortages they cut the production with 4,100 to 5,700 EVs in the first quarter of 2020.

They get their batteries from LG.

Source in dutch: Batterijproblemen kosten jobs bij Audi Brussel
What do you expect from a company that used to be known as GoldStar (well kinda)... a name that just exudes quality.

"The future will be electric in the passenger car world for sure, I think it is pretty clear now and this train is moving. it is gaining speed, gaining momentum." Herbert Diess, VW CEO, January 24th, 2020.

I think it’s important to remember we want the rest of the auto industry to acknowledge that EVs are the only option going forward and releasing all their models as EVs, which plays a big part in the general public all accepting EVs as well, thereby enabling wide build out of charging facilities everywhere including in every private carpark. In that regard VW is on team Tesla and should be applauded, and we should wish them at least some success in the transition.

Tesla can’t serve the entire worlds automotive demand (and shouldn’t want too given the large amount of cheap, low margin sales), and I would actually be very happy if Tesla and VW ended up as the two biggest Auto makers, while a flood of China vendors soaked up the low margin cheap end of the market (basically a repeat of the smartphone market, if you compare Tesla/VW/China to Apple/Samsung/China. Japan automakers are Nokia)

Reading not too far between the lines, Diess took this interview as a public way to say VW is committed to the US to try and avoid tariffs. Interestingly, he completely avoided talking about autonomous car development even when asked point blank. My guess is VW is just hoping the autonomous piece will take a really long time while they get just enough software know how to learn to do over the air updates with BEVs.