Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please one of you youtubers at least do this for 10 seconds of one of your videos (though I think a longer video would be even funnier).
Compare how fast NIKOLA is building their manufacturing plant in AZ to the Giga Austin TX Plant using the drag racing platform that is so often used showing a Tesla beating a Lambo/Audi/Demon in a drag race.
Sound will play just as big a role as the visuals.
Have Nikola's Trevor loudly jabbering about how advanced his company has developed and the gains they have made with that obnoxious engine-revving of an ICE vehicle interspersed. Then go to something Elonish like him saying, "We could buy some land near Austin...", accompanied by a Tesla rolling up to the burn out area.
Then have The fake "ground breaking ceremony" footage of where the lightning is in the background and the dirt is turned over and the dust is blown by the wind accompanied by an ICE/Demon doing a burn-out so the smoke from the burn-out matches up to the Thunderclouds and dust off the shovel at the Nikola Groundbreaking ceremony. Also over-emphasize the smoke and clouds and thunder to match with the bullshit noise that comes from an ICE Muscle car. And then have another low key event like the city council reading the final vote to pass legislation for tax benefits for Giga Austin. And have the sound of a symphony playing as the Tesla Vehicle pulls up to the line.
And then have the Christmas tree countdown with the sound of both the symphony and the Muscle car revving at the same time...but when the light turns green show the camera view as if it is looking at the ICE vehicle from inside the Tesla looking back as the tesla leaves the ICE vehicle at the line (Heck if they can find a video where the ICE vehicle doesn't even get off the line it'd be even more truthful). And have the Symphony music play louder and the ICE engine noise fade to zero as it is so far behind it can't be heard. And then show the Jessica Hirst (sp?) video where she scans the empty desert at the "New Factory site" for NIKOLA, with silence or maybe some wind in the background, perhaps crickets. Along with some current 3x speed Youtuber video footage of the Giga Austin site with the big Earthmovers making noise.
It would be another example of what TESLA is...
No need to say a word after that.

Re growth v short-term profits

$TSLA is up 8300% since the IPO a little more than 10 years ago — the best performing large stock of the decade.

Seems like smart shareholders should recognize that optimizing for growth instead of short-term profits not only serves the mission but is in their financial best interest.

Faster growth means costs fall faster and ICE sales are conquered faster while making it that much harder for potential competitors to try to catch up.

Tesla growing at ludicrous speed maximizes benefits to both the planet and long-term investors.

Yes, focusing short term profits is retarded.

There is no conflict between maximum growth and long term profits.

Neither is achieved by focusing on non profitable segments.

Non profitable segments are just capital drain holes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sofie
You don't think the journalist from automotive news has any affiliation with automotive news?
The article you posted is titled “Tesla Just Wanted A Weird Truck, Elon Musk Says”,
Written by STEPHAN ROBEN from technocodex.
While the source they linked is titled “Musk suggests Tesla would build 'normal truck' if Cybertruck flops” do you mean that is the exact same article and that sentence came from Autonews? Although I haven’t got over the paywall to check, based on google snippets I still don’t think so.

Alright, I think I have spent too much energy on this article than it deserves, I am going to drop this topic.