Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just now on Bloomberg (about 6:55 eastern time)

Mark Reuss GM president

EVGo charge network very important, 100% Reusable. Said Tesla made decide to do something different. EVGo plugs are SAE standard but Tesla went their own way. This was said in a very snide and dismissive tone.

Pain points on EV's are charging, range, cost and price. They will remove those pain points. EV's will be a large transformation for General Motors.

Smirk on his face when he said the are going to release their large suv's from Arlington Tx. facility a week ahead of their schedule.

GM will have the right price, chemistry, range etc... what the customers want. He said they are vertically integrated.

Bloomberg talking head said that Tesla's valuation is outrageous. Then he quickly adds "as many people think", It sounded like a quick addition to cover his bias. With this attitude Bloomberg should be ashamed of themselves, they have seem to show loose situational ethics.

Mark Reuss GM president

EVGo charge network very important, 100% Reusable. Said Tesla made decide to do something different. EVGo plugs are SAE standard but Tesla went their own way. This was said in a very snide and dismissive tone.

Pain points on EV's are charging, range, cost and price. They will remove those pain points. EV's will be a large transformation for General Motors.

Smirk on his face when he said the are going to release their large suv's from Arlington Tx. facility a week ahead of their schedule.

GM will have the right price, chemistry, range etc... what the customers want. He said they are vertically integrated.

Bloomberg talking head said that Tesla's valuation is outrageous. Then he quickly adds "as many people think", It sounded like a quick addition to cover his bias. With this attitude Bloomberg should be ashamed of themselves, they have seem to show loose situational ethics.
So ....the ..... competition.....is....coming.
Got it:rolleyes:

Something tells me that Tesla has figured out any service issues it's had in China...

"The best service is no service". Number of complaints is 6x less than second place!

https://twitter.com/ray4tesla/status/1289968526640287746

upload_2020-8-2_17-43-4.png

Mark Reuss GM president

I remember how gm was the leader in EV and could set the standard for charging. But you guys were the one who decided to crush those cars despite people trying their hardest to buy them off you, more than asking price. So I politely tell you guys to go F yourselves.

Mark Reuss GM president

Bloomberg? Ethics?

Are we talking about the same Bloomberg that was ordered not to say anything negative about their founder when he was running for President? That Bloomberg? I don’t know where you imagined that Bloomberg had anything to do with ethics but let’s hope you will disabuse yourself of that notion sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Sofie
Hmmm..I stopped watching after he said the 25 million shares S&P will have to buy will add $34B to Tesla's cash increasing their cash position to $40+B. Tesla currently has $8B in cash and once S&P buys the 25 million shares they will have 40B in cash. And that is the checkmate move? Seriously?
Yeah I know, clueless about how the market works, wot? :p

Then still, a 13.5% dilution for existing shareholders increases Tesla's cash position by $35B (400% increase) is tempting. Tesla could pay off its net debt, build factories and buy mining companies, and buy back stock to offset future dilution from stock-based compensation. Oh, and buy some damn leaps to cover Elon's CEO Comp plan... ;)

I think I might support such an issuance of shares. I think it would accelerate the mission, if only by putting Tesla in a super secure position financially to weather any future storms.

Cheers!

Yeah I know, clueless about how the market works, wot? :p

Then still, a 13.5% dilution to increase the cash position by $35B (400% increase in cash) is tempting. Tesla could pay off its net debt, built factories and buy mining companies, and buy back stock to offset future dilution from stock-based compensation. Oh, and buy some damn leaps to cover Elon's CEO Comp plan... ;)

Cheers!

There's an idea. Tesla buys a million calls at $5000 then they buy a million puts at $4950. We let the MMs do their thing and the SP will be $4975 by Friday. With all the smart people here I can't believe I figured this out first.

There's an idea. Tesla buys a million calls at $5000 then they buy a million puts at $4950. We let the MMs do their thing and the SP will be $4975 by Friday. With all the smart people here I can't believe I figured this out first.

MM work to put the price at their options contact holders max pain. They aren't going to see calls and puts they don't own and try to straddle them.

American astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley returned to Earth today from the International Space Station.

Elon Musk has ability to make historic events seem ordinary and mundane; as he changes our world, as he changes mankind’s place in the solar system.

This is exactly my thesis and why I think Tesla/SpaceX are drastically undervalued in the near term and long. Making difficult things look easy isn’t valued until those impacted by it see how disruptive it is. When you don’t see or understand the challenge, you cannot truly appreciate the solution.

In time though, people will not only understand the challenge, but also appreciate and value the solution.

Being in the business of telling people what they need/want isn’t easy. What is easy is selling them what they do (ie yearly iterations of ICE vehicles).

Question: which is the wise path when buying Tesla.
A) purchasing shares weekly on payday
B) waiting for a “pullback” to 1200$

A downside: missing out on lower cost shares and increasing cost basis significantly over time
B downside: it’ll never pull back to 1200$ and I’ll be timing the market for more shares forever

Question: which is the wise path when buying Tesla.
A) purchasing shares weekly on payday
B) waiting for a “pullback” to 1200$

A downside: missing out on lower cost shares and increasing cost basis significantly over time
B downside: it’ll never pull back to 1200$ and I’ll be timing the market for more shares forever
I was waiting for a pullback

After earning calls it went from 1620 to 1550$, bought there.

But thenthem it went down again

Reactions: wtlloyd and Sofie
I do both. I buy regularly, but have a rainy day fund to take advantage of opportunities that present.

I’ll be selling my position in Apple Monday. But will be holding on to a few 2022 LEAPs that are, as of Friday, now solidly in the money just to see what happens with the split. They, post split, more than cover my current positions so if I have FOMO I can buy back in at mid 2019 prices a year from now.

This sale is to put me in a position to capitalize on any opportunities that present in the next few weeks due to the large uncertainty we are currently living in.

• Helpful
Reactions: gabeincal and Sofie