TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

Is this the article you are looking for?

Tesla drops interest in GM plants because of UAW, Barra says

• Helpful x 1
  2. Smokey4141

Smokey4141 Banned

Ummm, compare Tesla's P/E or P/S or EV to ANY other automotive company out there....
    They ~are~ an automotive company, are they not?

I'm shocked, every day, that it's not a $30 stock.....
    Even ~IF~ the sell their a$$'s off.... Which as of Jan 1, they now aren't....

• Disagree x 19
    • Funny x 2
  3. Smokey4141

Smokey4141 Banned

No mystery to me... It ~is~ overvalued....
    Please compare Tesla's P/E or P/S or EV to ANY other automotive company out there....
    They ~are~ an automotive company, are they not?

• Disagree x 11
    • Funny x 1
  4. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

It’s been so long since we a t***l here

• Love x 3
    • Funny x 1
  5. SpaceCash

SpaceCash Member

Y'all hear something?

• Funny x 5
  6. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

It's 2019......the stock should be over $400 by now....come on! Damnit.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. Hogfighter

Hogfighter Professional Lurker

Elon and JB were working on developing an electric car. AC Propulsion connected them with Marc and Martin. Then they participated in the A funding round. Before the A round, Tesla Motors was basically an excel spreadsheet. Sounds like founders to me. (IIRC)

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  8. Smokey4141

Smokey4141 Banned

Two words... Cathie. Wood.

Let me know how many have suggested that people write the SEC regarding expecting higher numbers than anybody else...
    And I agree with you... The SEC is just gonna laugh if they read any letters complaining about people/firms publishing "higher than expected" numbers....
    Which was kinda my point... You'd have to be loco to suggest writing the SEC because you* didn't like someone else's estimates....high OR low... Just silly....

*not saying "you" specifically, just "anyone" generically...

• Disagree x 16
    • Funny x 1
  9. gringotuanis

gringotuanis Member

You think China is going to get worse??? No way, that is going to get resolved fast. Brexit is a complete non-issue. Maybe good for a bad macro day or maybe a week....but it's just Europe (no offense Europeans) and just one ncountry in Europe...it just doesn't affect our markets all that much. I am long TSLA calls, but I'd say macro events are looking better and will probably be positive if anything. Just imagine what the markets will do if a trade deal is announced w China? I would be terrified if I was short.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  10. Smokey4141

Smokey4141 Banned

Cathie Wood.... $4000 price target....
    I presume you've already written your letter to the SEC..... ;-)

And as I noted to another, it's no mystery to me... It ~is~ overvalued....
    Please compare Tesla's P/E or P/S or EV to ANY other automotive company out there....
    They ~are~ an automotive company, I believe...

Just wait'll the lay-offs start....

So, $6bil, $6.5bil, $7bil... Doesn't matter...
    By every metric, a $350 stock price for this company is ridiculous....

• Disagree x 24
    • Funny x 1
  11. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Except when Tesla was founded Elon and JB weren't there.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

Well to be clear there is really no other market in the world where this is a “40,000$” car even adjusted for currency exchange.

• Like x 1
  13. anthonyj

anthonyj Active Member

Tesla is WAY overvalued... if they stopped growing. The market is in a tech bubble though, and Tesla is probably the best growth story out there. Netflix AMD and Nvidia are true bubbles (and Chipotle but I wouldn’t dare bet against such a cult stock, plus I eat there everyday)

• Like x 3
  14. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

Uh no. Eberhard had a lot more than a spreadsheet before the A round was done.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. gringotuanis

gringotuanis Member

It wasn't really about not liking estimates...it's that there were no estimates and the media spun it as a '''missed estimates" when it was in line w expectations. No one had heard of these estimates ahead of time. In fact, all the estimates were generally too low.This is where the manipulation is concerning, because the media spread false information to deliberately affect the stock price. I have no problem w estimates, but falsehoods spread to undermine the stock - yes....and you should be concerned about that as well. Whetheror not the SEC does anything is beside the point.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. dgodfrey

dgodfrey Member

Does anyone know the last time TSLA had 6 trading days in a row, red?

17. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

MOD WARNING:
    To new member "Smokey4141" -

more than a few times today you were cordially corrected by other members as to your apparent misunderstanding as to why some of the analyst numbers appearing in the agglomerated "Street Consensus" data were highly suspect.

Such data are vastly different from straight-up bearish OR bullish sentiments. In that you have plowed ahead with statements that are, pure and simple, utterly stupid, renders all posts that you have made or might make in the future in this forum as
    likely to be worthless.

There is no room within the TMC universe for same. In order to continue to retain the privilege of being an active member of this forum, you are hereby strongly encouraged to go back to earlier responses to your posts of this morning, follow those breadcrumbs, and see if you cannot learn something. I am not going to do the footwork to once again see if others can lead you directly to water to determine if you can drink; if others so wish they are encouraged to do so.

Sole warning.

• Love x 32
    • Like x 9
    • Helpful x 3
    • Informative x 2
  18. AlexS

AlexS Member

JB Straubel then told Elon Musk about the newly converted, now lithium-ion powered tzero and arranged a test drive. Musk also encouraged AC Propulsion to commercialize the vehicle.Tom Gage, however, again deferred in favor of working on their electrified Scion xB called the eBox; but, he put Elon Musk in contact with Martin Eberhard which led to Elon Musk's Series A funding of Tesla Motors in April, 2004 and their hiring JB Straubel.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  19. anthonyj

anthonyj Active Member

To be fair the $4000 PT is based on a fairy tale aka the Tesla Network. Can it happen? Of course, anything is possible. But just a fairy tale for now

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  20. KarenRei

KarenRei ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ

Trimming Tesla in Q2 paid off massively in Q3. The same thing will probably happen at SpaceX. SpaceX has been growing so rapidly that this probably is necessary.

One thing that I suspect is that these layoffs may be primarily in F9 production. As they switch more to reuse, they're not going to need as fast of a production rate.

BTW: quality reporting by CNBC: "SpaceX was named the No. 1 company on the , announced in May. At the time, SpaceX told CNBC its". That quote isn't edited or truncated by me. ;)

• Funny x 8
    • Informative x 3
    • Love x 1