Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well to be honest Elon is not the founder, founders are Eberhard and Tarpenning. Elon joined later, after test driving T-Zero and funding Series A round. But of course he have all the rights to be called founder because Tesla is where it is mostly because of him and JB.

Elon and JB were working on developing an electric car. AC Propulsion connected them with Marc and Martin. Then they participated in the A funding round. Before the A round, Tesla Motors was basically an excel spreadsheet. Sounds like founders to me. (IIRC)

They’re reporting expecting higher numbers than anybody else in areas very few people can see, where it’ll only be widely reported in the aggregate after the earnings report while simultaneously being exclusively bearish in public. They aren’t(and likely won’t) giving any impression publicly that Tesla is “going to do really well”. I don’t think anybody here is criticizing, say, Oppenheimer for their prediction.

That said, like I said before: I wouldn’t have faith in the SEC. Better to just REALLY broadcast that these two bearish analysts are predicting amazing numbers for Q4. If they’re really sincerely believing the numbers they’re giving, then we’re doing them a favor by making absolutely everyone aware of them. If not, we’ll, you reap what you sow.

Two words... Cathie. Wood.

Let me know how many have suggested that people write the SEC regarding expecting higher numbers than anybody else...
And I agree with you... The SEC is just gonna laugh if they read any letters complaining about people/firms publishing "higher than expected" numbers....
Which was kinda my point... You'd have to be loco to suggest writing the SEC because you* didn't like someone else's estimates....high OR low... Just silly....

*not saying "you" specifically, just "anyone" generically...

On a serious note, i think the water is wayyyy too calm this week and volume is super low for all the Tsla news. Either something is slowly leaking pre-ER waiting to bust open or everyone just being cautious b/c of macros waiting for a pull back.

I'll probably close all my Jan positions on next big pop (3%+) and convert it to puts in anticipations of Brexit and China escalations, i'll still keep growing my shares though.
You think China is going to get worse??? No way, that is going to get resolved fast. Brexit is a complete non-issue. Maybe good for a bad macro day or maybe a week....but it's just Europe (no offense Europeans) and just one ncountry in Europe...it just doesn't affect our markets all that much. I am long TSLA calls, but I'd say macro events are looking better and will probably be positive if anything. Just imagine what the markets will do if a trade deal is announced w China? I would be terrified if I was short.

then that someone would not be saying the exact opposite in the "analysis" of TSLA, and would not advice to sell the stock and have a price target much lower than the current price.

Deliberately lying to and missleading investors is SEC violation indeed!

Cathie Wood.... $4000 price target....
I presume you've already written your letter to the SEC..... ;-)

And as I noted to another, it's no mystery to me... It ~is~ overvalued....
Please compare Tesla's P/E or P/S or EV to ANY other automotive company out there....
They ~are~ an automotive company, I believe...

I'm shocked, every day, that it's not a $30 stock.....
Even ~IF~ the sell their a$$'s off.... Which as of Jan 1, they now aren't....
Just wait'll the lay-offs start....

So, $6bil, $6.5bil, $7bil... Doesn't matter...
By every metric, a $350 stock price for this company is ridiculous....

Elon and JB were working on developing an electric car. AC Propulsion connected them with Marc and Martin. Then they participated in the A funding round. Before the A round, Tesla Motors was basically an excel spreadsheet. Sounds like founders to me. (IIRC)
Uh no. Eberhard had a lot more than a spreadsheet before the A round was done.

Two words... Cathie. Wood.

Let me know how many have suggested that people write the SEC regarding expecting higher numbers than anybody else...
And I agree with you... The SEC is just gonna laugh if they read any letters complaining about people/firms publishing "higher than expected" numbers....
Which was kinda my point... You'd have to be loco to suggest writing the SEC because you* didn't like someone else's estimates....high OR low... Just silly....

*not saying "you" specifically, just "anyone" generically...
It wasn't really about not liking estimates...it's that there were no estimates and the media spun it as a '''missed estimates" when it was in line w expectations. No one had heard of these estimates ahead of time. In fact, all the estimates were generally too low.This is where the manipulation is concerning, because the media spread false information to deliberately affect the stock price. I have no problem w estimates, but falsehoods spread to undermine the stock - yes....and you should be concerned about that as well. Whetheror not the SEC does anything is beside the point.

MOD WARNING:
To new member "Smokey4141" -

more than a few times today you were cordially corrected by other members as to your apparent misunderstanding as to why some of the analyst numbers appearing in the agglomerated "Street Consensus" data were highly suspect.

Such data are vastly different from straight-up bearish OR bullish sentiments. In that you have plowed ahead with statements that are, pure and simple, utterly stupid, renders all posts that you have made or might make in the future in this forum as
likely to be worthless.

There is no room within the TMC universe for same. In order to continue to retain the privilege of being an active member of this forum, you are hereby strongly encouraged to go back to earlier responses to your posts of this morning, follow those breadcrumbs, and see if you cannot learn something. I am not going to do the footwork to once again see if others can lead you directly to water to determine if you can drink; if others so wish they are encouraged to do so.

Sole warning.

JB Straubel then told Elon Musk about the newly converted, now lithium-ion powered tzero and arranged a test drive. Musk also encouraged AC Propulsion to commercialize the vehicle.Tom Gage, however, again deferred in favor of working on their electrified Scion xB called the eBox; but, he put Elon Musk in contact with Martin Eberhard which led to Elon Musk's Series A funding of Tesla Motors in April, 2004 and their hiring JB Straubel.

Please compare Tesla's P/E or P/S or EV to ANY other automotive company out there....

To be fair the $4000 PT is based on a fairy tale aka the Tesla Network. Can it happen? Of course, anything is possible. But just a fairy tale for now

Trimming Tesla in Q2 paid off massively in Q3. The same thing will probably happen at SpaceX. SpaceX has been growing so rapidly that this probably is necessary.

One thing that I suspect is that these layoffs may be primarily in F9 production. As they switch more to reuse, they're not going to need as fast of a production rate.

BTW: quality reporting by CNBC: "SpaceX was named the No. 1 company on the , announced in May. At the time, SpaceX told CNBC its". That quote isn't edited or truncated by me. ;)

@Smokey4141 just stick for a week or so here and read a bit. you will learn much more than you can learn in a year on twitter

Could Tesla Be a Millionaire-Maker Stock? Could Tesla Be a Millionaire-Maker Stock?

These comparisons are precisely why TSLA is such a controversial stock. Why are they comparing stalwart companies in a declining industry (ICE) with a growth stock with few competitors?

• If Tesla grows to BMW’s size in just 5 years, does the author think that demand will plateau right at those numbers? BMW has been growing around 5% per year....Tesla ten times that.
  • Toyota would wet themselves to get Tesla’s gross margins.
  • Of course it’s practically impossible for a $50B+ company to grow 100 fold.

Well to be honest Elon is not the founder, founders are Eberhard and Tarpenning. Elon joined later, after test driving T-Zero and funding Series A round. But of course he have all the rights to be called founder because Tesla is where it is mostly because of him and JB.
Per Wikipedia, Musk, JB and Ian Wright are considered co-founders. I think @avoigt 's comment is cogent. Can we stick a fork in the "founder" punctilious?