Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why the heck would this video look so different than the last?

Both are videos of a screen playing back the surveillance video. I think this one is suspect in some way too... the first few seconds show a guy walking past the Tesla, and if you watch that frame-by-frame he magically teleports past the front of the Tesla. Or the actual surveillance video is somehow suspect.

Here is a different angle:
BertelSchmitt™ on Twitter

Be like

upload_2019-4-22_20-18-58.png

There were 32 in Chicago last night, almost all SR+. Now there is 31. I will check again Monday. I am very interested to see how many they can move in a weekend.

Inventory is now 22. The majority of the cars are SR+ black/black. Thinking about it more it really doesn't mean much, except 10 people ordered black/black SR+ cars in the past couple of days in my area.

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
Maybe it's this hypnotic loop of beautiful-looking Tesla vehicles that's doing it. Maybe they just need to keep this going indefinitely and the stock price will slowly tick up!
I want the paint job that keeps the dirt off when driving on dusty or snowy roads as is shown in the video.

I’m guessing you have a way of checking that none of those are new inventory, added in the last couple days?

No, just what is on the website. I could track the VINs but that is too much work. You have a good point, they could have received a shipment today so it is impossible to calculate sales without doing a lot more work. That is why I mentioned "it really doesn't mean much." I just figured I'd reply since I said I would to anyone interested.
It appears someone on another forum might be making tracking software. It wouldn't be too difficult to scrape the VIN numbers out of the HTML. It means nothing to overall sales as the cars they have may not be what people want.