Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just arguing hyperbole with hyperbole. It's obviously not "as simple as that", if they miss a target because of supplier issues or short term manufacturing issues it's a completely different position compared to lack of demand. Stating 90k with without qualification is easy to refute with a lower number.

I don’t think every statement here needs to be backed up with doctorate-level evidence and qualification. There would be a lot less dumbfuckery here if we gave each other the benefit of the doubt occasionally.

In the context of media-hyperbole and sectionalism, the headline number will matter, and frankly even the market seems to be responding more to headlines than details right now. That aside, I agree with you fundamentally that rationale matters, but at the same time, as Reagan famously said, when your’re explaining, you’re losing.

If Tesla miss the target, it will need to be “explained” and no doubt plenty of people will do that, but it will be drowned out by headlines. If they hit 90k or do better, no explanation will be necessary, which is why I said “it’s as simple as that”. I didn’t say Tesla were finished if that didn’t occur, anyone inferring that is assuming I meant it negatively, I just meant that the current circus of uncertainty would continue.

Peace.

Reactions: izemize and N5329K
I specifically said that while I agree with some of the gripes, the overall tone of the article is biased. An example from the article:

"Several CR testers observed Navigate on Autopilot initiate a pass on the right on a two-lane divided highway. We checked with a law enforcement official who confirmed this is considered an “improper pass” in Connecticut and could result in a ticket."

They didn't specify that any of the their testers observed that NoA initiates a pass on the right in Connecticut.

On top of that, there is no mention of the fact that Navigate on Autopilot is a work in progress and will continue to improve in the future, and I don't think mentioned a single thing positive regarding Autopilot.
Yep, I left a comment.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Was this mentioned before? I don't recall seeing it, so here's a link . . . if you dare.

I just stumbled upon a podcast called Hidden Forces, whose remarkably sympathetic and arguably deeply ignorant (at least on matters Tesla) host, Demetri Kofinas, who describes his podcast as a place "where each week I speak with experts in the fields of technology, science, finance, and culture to help you gain the tools to better navigate the increasingly complex world so that you're less surprised by tomorrow, and better able to predict what happens next."

Well, gee. With as lofty a claim as that, it's no surprise that Demetri Kofinas recently interviewed everyone's good good friend and tool (to better navigate that pesky complex world), TSLAQ's own "TeslaCharts" (another famous tech forum would categorize him as an "anonymous coward"--but I digress) who Hidden Forces describes this way: "Building on his years as a technical executive with a Fortune 50 company, TC is now a private investor and passionate data visualizer."

So sit back and learn why Tesla is a gigantic bubble, needs to be burst, and why only the vigilant digital patriot militia known as TSLAQ is up to the task to save us all :eek:

The Hidden Forces Podcast: Episode 86
TSLAQ and the Crowdsourced Short Sale of the Century | TeslaCharts

WOW!

In just 15 minutes Tesla mobile service installed an entire second motor! Ok, just the badge, but still. Lol!

In all seriousness...I know some people have had issues with service but all of my experiences have been absolutely stellar. Professional, on time, knowledgeable. Just great!
20190522_093222.jpg

I put this here as a tiny bit of evidence that Tesla Service is improving and their commitment to customer satisfaction seems to be sincere. I have been thrilled the times I have dealt with them.

Dan

Here, in December 2014, Morgan Stanley Analyst: Tesla Sales Forecast For 2020 Cut By 40% | CleanTechnica:

In 2018 they delivered around 250k vehicles. I'm sure they'll blow right past Jonas' estimate of 300k in 2019. And probably even meet 500k in 2020, like 2014 expectations.

Your opinion and FUD makes no sense to me. I think this shiny company killing it :)

You don't even seem to be able to simply back your opinions with facts. Please tell me more about your deep economic and geopolitical knowledge ;)

And in a nutshell, therein lies the problem with Tesla. They've exceeded all initial expectations, but failed to meet any of Musk's brags (at least in terms of when, if not what)

While it's definitely true there's an outsized amount of cynicism around Tesla (skepticism is always healthy) there's also an outsized amount of hubris as well. When you lump in the people questioning the hubris, with the cynics, you get stupid conversations.

They didn't specify that any of the their testers observed that NoA initiates a pass on the right in Connecticut.

Yes, they did.

From the report:

We enabled the feature and drove on several highways across Connecticut. In the process, multiple testers reported that the Tesla often changed lanes in ways that a safe human driver would not—cutting too closely in front of other cars, and passing on the right.

Why would they announce this change so long in advance? Creates a lot of inventory that needs to be sold at a discount.

I doubt they were making old S&X after the announcement.

I don’t think (at least I hope not) they were making the old version for long after the announcement either. But, that created 3-4 weeks of no S/X deliveries when those models were already selling pooorly. This fumbled transition just shows again their lack of being able to properly execute as a car company.

• Informative
Reactions: Wooloomooloo
Yes, they did.

From the report:

We enabled the feature and drove on several highways across Connecticut. In the process, multiple testers reported that the Tesla often changed lanes in ways that a safe human driver would not—cutting too closely in front of other cars, and passing on the right.

So it drives like someone from Massachusetts? :D

Tiny data point. My 2015 model S screen has issues and needs replacing. They checked the car over on Monday, they say the replacement part will be there on Friday. This is the UK. Thats not bad. Its no worse, maybe even better than I would expect from any other car company. I have heard horror stories online about tesla service, but my experience here is that its definitely got better in the 3 years that I've owned mine. Quite noticeably better