Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was referring to MS specifically, not investment banks in general. I know what MS traces and doesn’t trade, for certain.
Even if you work there it is almost certain you have no oversight of the positions of every fund, every derivatives desk, every hedge fund they have an equity position in, every OTC bond trade, etc, etc. There would only be a handful of people with that knowledge, if anyone at all.

It does. There is no credible way to estimate Canada. The TMC tracker has rich US data, the ROW has at least carrier data and other sources but Canada I couldn’t find any indicators other than the Vancouver store anecdote. So yes it could be higher.
It looks like about ~100 EVs per day on average are sold (ordered) in BC lately: BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?
From the linked post, it looks like ~8M worth of EV credits were reserved in 22 days of May. Granted, not all of them are Model 3s, but also, not all the incentives are worth max 5K (Model 3 is).

There are two main considerations for this.

The first is how much do you need the money in the short term. If there is a chance of needing it then it is better to sell and keep what is left for any emergencies that come up.

The second is around your conviction in Tesla as an investment. If you believe it is going to be worth hundreds of millions in a few years then you should be looking to add to your position now, not sell. But it can be hard to fight the fear of a sharply dropping share price, this is where many people lose out on the big gains as they sell in fear at a low price and buy in greed at a high price.

If the first point doesn't apply to you, perhaps you should re-test your assumptions around the company and see if you still have the same conviction. If you do, take a Xanax and stay in.
I already bought more twice but it just keeps dropping. I'm a bit worried for tesla right now.

• Funny
Reactions: ClimateOptimst
I don't really see that much of a problem with the mechanics of short selling, it can serve a good purpose at times. The problem is when people start trying to manipulate stocks by coming up with false predictions and "research".
Greed will always cause this outcome. While I agree the mechanical theory works, it doesn't survive the real world test.

Only time I recall CNBC referencing us is when Andrew Left/Citron Research switched sides and included 4 of my charts in the letter about it, some of which CNBC stole. :D

Here's one more highlight (lowlight?) to add to your upcoming article:

Not_an_Analyst‏ @facts_tesla May 22

Flashback day: In 2/2016 after $TSLA shares "crashed and burned" Adam Jonas downgraded and cut his forecast to 246K S/X/3 in 2020: "Low demand for electric vehicles ... leads us to reduce volume assumptions for the Model 3" A few months later, ~450,000 Model 3 were reserved.

4 replies 23 retweets 114 likes

Last edited:
I already bought more twice but it just keeps dropping. I'm a bit worried for tesla right now.
I think your fear might be bleeding into your thinking. If there is anything but the share price you think is materially worse for Tesla now than it was a year ago then lets discuss it.

I wish I could. My paper losses are literally making me ill (constant head ache, can't sleep, stomach hurts). If I had sold everything in December, I could have paid off my house with the profits, and still had more money left over in the account than I do now.
I don’t want to be rude, but you have forgotten the first and most important investment rule; don’t put more money to one investment than you can lose without losing sleep.

It looks like about ~100 EVs per day on average are sold (ordered) in BC lately: BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?
From the linked post, it looks like ~8M worth of EV credits were reserved in 22 days of May. Granted, not all of them are Model 3s, but also, not all the incentives are worth max 5K (Model 3 is).
If indeed Canada touches 10k orders, we are possibly seeing a supply constrained demand for Tesla (perhaps that is the emphasis why Musk wanted 1k/wk for the remaining quarter). Also 91k while looks too optimistic could instead be a “reasonable” guess. (More info/discussion needed).

Again Tesla has an incentive to push out Canada (and perhaps ROW) deliveries to Q3 to offset drop in US demand after tax cliff. Also this means broader RHS (eg Aussie) orders will be rolled out for Q3 deliveries in mind.