Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the demented tslaq twits didn't take to kindly of our shining light on their barrage of FUD campaign:

"TMC $TSLA Investor Forum has decided to weaponize @TwitterSafety policy the moment it was announced. My advice to $tslaQ is to stop engaging and subscribe to @Paul91701736 block list. No amount of data, facts, reason, or logic will change a fanatic in a cult."

They even posted screenshots of your post! Funny stuff.

@EVNow Not sure if you were on their list previously, but I took a quick look at their list and I see you're definitely on their list now after post #62635:

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Yes, Robinhood Tesla longs are amazing:

Robintrack

upload_2019-6-6_22-19-39.png

Note how they loaded up on TSLA in record amounts on the way down, and are still increasing their holdings. I.e. not just pure swing traders.

That's a link to a generic channel intro video, this is the link to his Maxell take. Nothing new for most of use here, but succinctly put and nice to share with others

Thanks for fixing that. I copied the video link the way I usually do, but I switched browsers recently, so something must be a bit different. I should have check the link in my post directly after posting.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
seen quite a few people complaining about margin requirements increasing.

In case anyone wasn’t aware - you can purchase “Deep in the money” call options which gives you a similar leverage to Margin, with little in the way of premium cost.

For instance you can purchase a $50 Jan 2020 call for $147 (meaning a $197 stock price to break even) and you have almost 25% margin with none of the downsides of margin

Exactly how is there none of the downside?

If the stock were to move laterally for 6 months and then scream up later in 2020, You would be far behind using margin to buy shares.

Reactions: neroden
So the TSLAQ use of a shared Twitter block-list and censorship list to suppress fact-checking users from debunking false TSLAQ smear and disinformation attacks against Tesla is blatantly against Twitter's new policy:

"You may not use Twitter’s services in a manner intended to artificially amplify or suppress information or engage in behavior that manipulates or disrupts people’s experience on Twitter."​

I don't think that @Lycanthrope ever violated Twitter's terms of service by countering TSLAQ FUD - yet he's on their censorship list which is used by thousands of TSLAQ Twitter users, including journalists and other people whose disinformation tweets need fast reaction.

I.e. the TSLAQ 'shared blocklist' in itself is artificially amplifying the disinformation they are spreading.

I have engaged with them, in fact I hardly used Twitter until I started noticing all the BS some people were spreading and decided to start pushing back, this was August 2017, I think - one of my first encounters was with Fossi - after a relatively long discussion, he had no answer for the facts and just blocked me, under the pretence I was "wasting his time".

But I'm never rude, just state the facts and pull them up on the BS. On the contrary, they are very rude people, they resort to insults very quickly indeed. Nasty bunch - TBH I'm actually quite happy I'm blocked and at the end of the day I'm not so sure anyone other than us is taking any notice. The MSM headline FUD, that's another matter, but not on Twitter - all the Tesla stuff on Twitter is overwhelmingly positive, because that's the reality.

I have engaged with them, in fact I hardly used Twitter until I started noticing all the BS some people were spreading and decided to start pushing back, this was August 2017, I think - one of my first encounters was with Fossi - after a relatively long discussion, he had no answer for the facts and just blocked me, under the pretence I was "wasting his time".

But I'm never rude, just state the facts and pull them up on the BS. On the contrary, they are very rude people, they resort to insults very quickly indeed. Nasty bunch - TBH I'm actually quite happy I'm blocked and at the end of the day I'm not so sure anyone other than us is taking any notice. The MSM headline FUD, that's another matter, but not on Twitter - all the Tesla stuff on Twitter is overwhelmingly positive, because that's the reality.
People tend to be that way when confronted with inconvenient truths. I suspect you would react the same way if I challenged your climate change views politely with facts. The real problem is most of us are hard wired to take sides and then look for facts to support their side afterwards.

It's almost always a waste of time to try and change someones mind. But letting false statements stand unchallenged is also not good. I'm not how we can fix this sort of thing.

Has anyone asked the shorts if they have told their wives about all the money they are losing yet?

Not true for all models. Ford GT is another example. 100% invite only.
Many of those shorts aren't losing THEIR money...they are losing the money of the foolish people that chose to invest with them.

Dan

I do think it's weird. Doesn't it seem like potential Tesla owners are more sensitive to these kinds of changes than regular car buyers?

I think you are mistaking the kind of influence embedded Tesla bears have on forums such as this. Make no mistake, they are here and their job is to disrupt the forum and dissuade potential newcomers from buying into Tesla (the cars or the stock). They want Tesla forums to not be a unified, happy place, they want it to be a place of unhappy, confusing and ugly arguments. They take any price change (up or down) and start drumming up a contagious form of discontent.

In other words, no, Tesla forums are not a representative cross-section of all Tesla owners. Many of the people discontented with the price adjustments and/or refreshes are not real owners or they are but have been influenced by embedded bears. In the "real world" people are barely aware of these things (and most Tesla owners do not visit Tesla forums unless maybe they have a question or an issue).

Might just be my general demeanor, but I’ve actually found it interesting what happens when I engage them. I always just ask straightforward questions(with the assumption that their arguments/statements are sincere) and counter falsehoods with a straightforward statement of facts. I’ve found that a lot of them seem almost confused at the tactic, alternating between responding reasonably in kind and trying to bait every once in a while with personal attacks(sometimes against me, sometimes against Elon). I never take the bait, and they revert back to normal discussion.

An old friend has had nothing but Dodge Rams for the last 25 years or so, he called me last night to tell me about the $49k Tesla Truck. I thought that was hilarious.
Good numbers crunch of Truck sales potential from this Tesla bull:

During the drop I sold off all of my Alibaba shares and bought 45 more $TSLA (so far) for total of 145 now. I've lowered my avg price by ~$25/share.

Ihor Dusaniwsky‏ @ihors3
55m55 minutes ago

$TSLA short interest is $7.75 billion; 39.40 million shares shorted; 29.92% of float; 0.74% borrow fee. Shares shorted are up 1.2 million shares, +3%, over the last week even as #Tesla's stock price rose by 3.5%.​

Can someone please explain to me what 3.5% Tesla price rise Ihor is referring to here?

Also, I didn't think the short interest statistics were available in anything approaching an up-to-the-day accounting.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
TBH I'm actually quite happy I'm blocked
You shouldn't be. Twitter works in way that promotes creating bubbles with help of things like blocking users (it influences what other users will see from twitter even if they are not directly related to either of accounts). Very ironic in light of their own policy about information suppression.

I suspect you would react the same way if I challenged your climate change views politely with facts.
Ideological conviction is not same thing as facts. Considering character of this forum and what Tesla represents, you won't get far with your climate denialism here.

I can see a scenario in which Ferrari can't survive on their low volume high price ICE business, but it is less about Ferrari being a high end niche player with no BEV plans and more with them being overly dependent on shared technology (i.e., engine development, suppliers, etc) with other members of VW group. If they get spun off due to VW collapsing (unlikely - though some consolidation in brands is possible), they may struggle on their own if they no longer have access to the VW parts bin and engineering resources. They were of course fine on their own originally, but by now they're likely dependent on those things.

OK, interesting theory.

Ferarri isn't going anywhere. Even in a world where 90% of car sales are EVs, there will still be niche ICE cars, like Ferarris for wealthy people who want to buy them. In fact, oil and its derivatives will likely last a lot longer now because electricity will be the primary means of powering new vehicles within the next 15 years. By the end of this century. Ferrari will likely still be selling million dollar cars, along with Bugatti and others.

Speaking of Volkswagen, this is the second or third comment I've seen about them going out of business on this forum (OK I know you said it was unlikely, but it was mentioned). This isn't GM or Chrysler or some other cowboy enterprise, it's a company with half a trillion Euros worth of assets, revenues north of EUR100bn and net income of around EUR12bn making 12 million cars a year. On which planet are they about to go bust?

BTW, I don't know if anyone here is an ex-VW owner, but they recently sent out emails about the $800m investment in their Tennessee plant purely for building EVs. These guys are very serious about breaking into this business and you'd be a braver man than me to bet against them.

Last edited: