Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, oh (stock is down a bit):

Tesla loses its head of production at critical time, source says - Electrek

I'm actually not surprised. I was expecting some negative news. It seems traders want to take the stock down this week, as one final opportunity to cover before the Q2 report. Think of it this way: one final gift for a buying opportunity before the breakout on the Q2 report (I know, we've had plenty of buying opportunities... sigh!).
Back to $222 already. Stonks!

• Funny
Reactions: bdy0627
@Fact Checking
Regarding my Q1 30 days of inventory number. that was from the Q1 letter and included all the in-transit, service loaners, and demo vehicles. So, yeah, standard, non EoQ overhang non-assigned to buyer numbers are even lower. (Didn't feel like being verbose at 5 am and even 30 days is way lower than average ;))
As long as Teslas are in demand, they will not be able to develop distributed inventory. Like Nintendo with the Wii.

No, those challenges keep coming up. Earlier this year we barely avoided a no-service for Teslas in Texas bill. This kind of legislation will keep coming up until the dealer association loses it's political power.

There is a lot galleries can't do that stores can. They can't discuss price or financing. Test drives have to be arranged in advance. They can't help you go online and buy a car (you have to go back home to do that). About all they are good for is you can look at the car sit in it, and ask certain questions, and see the paint and interior colours and materials.

However, nothing prevents non-Tesla employees from doing any of those things ;)

However, nothing prevents non-Tesla employees from doing any of those things ;)
Correct, which is why many of us go to every event we possibly can. I estimate more than 3,500 people have had a demonstration in my car. No idea how many have seen the car at events but not received a demonstration.

Correct, which is why many of us go to every event we possibly can. I estimate more than 3,500 people have had a demonstration in my car. No idea how many have seen the car at events but not received a demonstration.
A million thanks for all your good work!

What are all the primary talking points, or what script should I follow to cover everything as impressively and efficiently as possible that will make them get online and buy, or at least tell their friends good things about Tesla?

I know many talking points, but after my falcon wing doors get their attention, I want to casually cover everything in whatever time I have.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
This whole end-of-quarter rush to appease Wall Street is silly. Needless stress on the system, may lead to departures :p
I'm surprised nobody has commented on this quote from Elon''s email:

What am I missing here? Isn't this number well over 100K?

"We are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter."

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this quote from Elon''s email:

What am I missing here? Isn't this number well over 100K?

"We are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter."

Link to email leak? The only reference to that statement I can find was in September 2018.

What are all the primary talking points, or what script should I follow to cover everything as impressively and efficiently as possible that will make them get online and buy, or at least tell their friends good things about Tesla?
I usually start with the screen and map, show the "red dots" for trips and where I've driven to (that astounds most people), show the 126,000 miles accumulated and the less than $3,100 spent on electricity. From there it depends on the person. No Falcon Wing Doors on my S, so that doesn't come up except in passing.

Here's a collection of historic news coverage about the heat mirror properties of carbon dioxide pollution:

News Coverage of Coal's Link to Global Warming, in 1912
(The article contains links to the primary sources.)

Thank you, that's exactly what I was missing. Worth reading too... the Navy is planning "an extensive wireless field" that will let it communicate with all its battleships [Great White Fleet!] wherever they may be!

What sound does an alarm clock make in Europe?

2021 CO2 targets would generate €34 billion euros in penalty payments within Europe | JATO

How to reduce the penalty?

View attachment 423313

"The conclusion of this study is the worst case scenario for manufacturers. We are assuming that nothing would change from now until 2021, and unfairly excluding the plans for electrification. Effectively, OEMs can claim up to 7.5 g/km of CO2 from 2020 to 2022 to offset their total CO2 number for vehicles that meet the eco-innovation criteria.

"Moreover, we will definitely see many models dropped where investment to reduce their averages is larger than the profits generated. This will include the axing of more combustion engines, large and heavy cars, or those slow-selling models. To sum up, the manufacturers may have the technology to launch cleaner cars and alternatives to reduce the fines – their only limitation is time."​

Tick Tock 2021

If I look into my article and what I wrote as a worst case Szenarien for the German Automakers last year and compare it with today, the worst case scenario I painted just happened.

Unfortunately I do not see many indications this to change. The reason why I am pessimistic is the technology they have and work with, how they discuss with politicians and demand support and the internal company fight between gas, diesel, Hybrid and FC that is happening in this organizations as well as between OEMs and VDA. Some are way behind where I thought they are a few months ago.

Its bad and it gets worse. If Tesla can continue to execute and it all looks like that some won't survive.

so in Elon's email he says "The reality is that we are on track to set an all-time record, but it will be very close"

They had 90700 deliveries in Q4 of 2018

Doesn't the email imply that they will be above 90k deliveries which would at least put them in the low end of their guidance?

I would have preferred if they hit a little higher in their guidance, but meeting their guidance is at least progress. Sure they might spin it like Tamberino that this is the best Tesla will ever get, but they say that every year.