TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. EVMeister

EVMeister Lover of Tesla, driver of I-PACE

• Informative x 7
  2. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

I am not one who thinks they need to advertise.

What they do need is better Marcom. WAIT...They have no Marcom...so how about just someone(s) to help counteract the FUD and get some positive media attention.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

You may be talking to yourself as many of us will be 'retired' and not worried about what is happening on the media and on TMC.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Love x 2
  4. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Ask Dr Stupid...

Joe Rogan talking up Tesla, again!

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Love x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  5. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Active Member

• Love x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I have some to sell for $2800.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  7. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

It's going to be a cliffhangar of an ending to the day, folks. The hedge funds that sold 242.50 calls expiring today will try for a push-down, but with the control of TSLA already put into question by today's inability to hold TSLA back, you may see traders picking up shares and calls in the final minutes, looking for a quick return from a first hour of Monday run up. Traders start your engines (oops, I mean engage your batteries!).

• Like x 12
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 1
  8. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Ask Dr Stupid...

Yah!!!

upload_2019-7-12_21-44-39.png

• Like x 4
    • Love x 2
  9. EVMeister

EVMeister Lover of Tesla, driver of I-PACE

This is strangely tense. :confused:

Also bullish. Possibly AF.

• Funny x 8
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. humbaba

humbaba Active Member

I saw this caught a disagree so I backtracked for the post, thanks @Artful Dodger : Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

I'm not familiar with the NASDAQ site to give me the trades in the format he showed, but you can clearly see both large spikes.

• Informative x 2
  11. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

SpartaX

Tensla

Too lazy to check the brand Tesla uses, but NXP does make RFID/ NFC chipsets...

• Funny x 5
  12. T@oo

Nice bump above 245.

• Like x 5
  13. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

We'll talk routs when we're back comfortably above 350.

• Like x 11
    • Helpful x 1
  14. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Wow! Great battle for $245. Held!

• Like x 5
    • Love x 4
  15. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

Until the PETA lady shows up in the middle of the track to inspect the steering wheel.

• Funny x 11
  16. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

#71496 EVNow, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Can Nasdaq data be corrected ? That is what I'd imagine happens once in a while - but Nasdaq website isn't updating corrections but others like Fidelity are.

• Helpful x 1
  17. printf42

printf42 Member

$244 was the real battle, the way it breaks must have scared someone.

• Like x 2
  18. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

I guess you've never lived in southern CA? San Diego is finally free of routine waits (at least for now), but Orange County and Los Angeles are still problem areas.

Ironically, I went to a newly opened hot new mall yesterday (One Paseo) and the only parking spots that were free in the whole parking structure were at the Supercharger! Thanks, Tesla!

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  19. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Active Member

I wasn't all that comfortable with the share price over $350 last year, it seemed a little too cocky considering the major challenges ahead and the fact that it was looking more and more difficult to hit Tesla's early and overly optimistic production guidance. Also knowing the wall of misinformation and bad actors that Tesla is up against. But I would say this fairly qualifies as a rout, taking it from less than $180 to $245 in 5 weeks (and during a period when (it seemed to me) big money and dirty trading was doing its best to keep a lid on this kind of rally. The most recent movement looks like the first part of a break-out to around the 250's level where it will probably hang out until we get better visibility with the earnings and conference call.

I would look cautiously at irrational exuberance before earnings. If it climbs too high before earnings, I would be suspicious that it might be due to dirty traders buying up as much as they can so they have plenty of ammo to try to crash the price as soon as earnings are announced and create the impression that Wall Street is not impressed with Tesla's performance.

Lacking a big runup above the $250's going into earnings, I'm thinking earnings will be positive enough to cause a break to the upside again, probably to around the $280's, the exact amount depending upon how credible the increased production goals seem. Time will tell but this is getting fun again!

• Like x 5
  20. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but it's also gone from $245 to... $245 in two months. $345 to $245 in six months. There is no scenario in which what we've seen lately qualifies as a rout--the recovery back to $245 wasn't even as quick as the drop down from $245.

I do agree that $350 last year was a lot less comfortable than I'll feel when we next hit $350. The company is de-risking on a weekly basis, it seems. We're much closer to the Y entering production, Shanghai is actively installing production equipment, HW3 is shipping, S/X have received a notable refresh, the 3 has invaded Europe, etc.

• Like x 4