TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Jayjs20

Jayjs20 Member

No smiles until 300.

No happy smiles until 350.

• Like x 21
  2. Rammstein

Rammstein Member

Yeah I am very skeptical of those so called "experts" ever since I started following Tesla 5 years ago. My Dad watches Jim Kramer all the time and I was telling him that Jim is an idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about. Well it least when it comes to TSLA he is an idiot.

My friends were telling me they would invest in TSLA if Elon wasn't the CEO but since he is they won't invest. I was like wow the media is really good at getting it in your head that he should not be CEO. The company is where it is today because of him. Really struck me how effective the propaganda campaign really is. It makes me wonder what else am I being lied to about?

• Like x 25
    • Love x 6
    • Informative x 4
  3. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

Why not $4200? :D:D

Really great run since we hit $178.97 on Jun 3, 2019 couple weeks ago...

• Like x 1
  4. Rammstein

Rammstein Member

How I love my new roadster and yacht.

• Love x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  5. Singuy

Singuy Member

Had to convince some people not to short at 180(people who doesn't follow Tesla, they literally came and asked if they should short Tesla due to the price action and all the headlines).

I bet these are the same people who wonders if they should buy Tesla when sp is 4k. Trend followers, the biggest noobs in the investor scene.

• Informative x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. StarFoxisDown!

I don't know bout you guys but this will be me:

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. UncaNed

UncaNed Member

And what do we get to do at $400??

8. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger ♫ sniffin' the mornin' cool ♫

Yeah, its these 'corrections' to the trades that keep me up at night analyzing data...

Wanna see some After-hrs highlights? I've seen overnight 'corrections' above 500K shares. They also seems highly correlated to days with a high proportion of 'non-FINRA' short-trading volume. FINRA usually reports only about 60% of total trading volume (chk @ 6PM), but it can vary substantially day-to-day.

But you suspect correctly. This reporting system is about as opaque a data hole as any North of Calcutta. While correlation can not prove inference, it can damn sure make you go 'hmm'.

Cheers!

P.S. In the Artillery Command Post, we had a standard report on the radio whenever we fired a round in error: "CANCEL SHOT. READY OVER". Just ignore that rumbling noise you hear behind you, it's NOTHING I tell you, nothing to see here, move along... umh, you still there?

...paging @DragonWatch he'll tell ya. :D

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. aubreymcfato

aubreymcfato Member

This is the second time in recent weeks that we "won" the puts/calls battle. Every dollar taken from shorts is sweet ;-)

• Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  10. Jayjs20

Jayjs20 Member

Two girls, or guys, at once.

• Funny x 4
    • Informative x 2
  11. GBleck

GBleck Member

245 holding in after market... nice

• Love x 5
  12. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger ♫ sniffin' the mornin' cool ♫

Yeah, Porsche 0-80% charging in 15min... and a Romulan Warbird will do Warp 10 if you aren't planning a trip home. And Porsche has already announced they plan to charge the same per mile for energy from their fast chargers as the cost of premium gasoline for their 'legacy' models.

Setting themselves up to fail, likely so they can say 'told ya so'. Tesla Roaster is necessary, since its only mission will be to disprove German Physiks. Only this time, the Americans have all the best rocket scientists... ;)

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 6
    • Love x 1
  13. Driver Dave

Driver Dave Member

I always see this too from friends.

I think if you don't own a Tesla, see what's happening, you just don't have a good view into the company.

Too much FUD, analysts making things up, click bait headlines about Elon's latest tweet.

But no real info about how great it is to own and drive these cars, and how once people start, they never go back.

TSLA long is obvious.

When you actually can see what's going on.

• Like x 12
  14. M3Rider

M3Rider Member

Btw, what makes you assume that the first hour of Monday will have a run up?

15. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 1
  16. GBleck

GBleck Member

margin calls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  17. KarenRei

KarenRei ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ

For those coming from the south, there's a new 12-stall Supercharger under construction at Ojai, NNW of the current Oxnard one. Also, the SLO one just opened at the middle of last year, so I'm not sure whether that was accounted for when discussing wait times during launches. Also the two in Thousand Oaks were from last year, as was Santa Clarita.

• Like x 1
  18. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It appears as if the person who made the first 10 share trade at $245 triggered a bunch of automated trades.

19. VValleyEV

VValleyEV Supporting Member

#71519 VValleyEV, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    $TSLAQ

• Funny x 6
    • Love x 1
  20. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

Ojai is not really on the way if you are taking 101 though. Tesla really need to build that one in Santa Barbara....

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1