Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I hope to see a regular Raven car, even the non-performance base Model, race around the Nurburgring simply to assuage the notion that it will go into a limp mode when trying to race around a 13-mile course. I suppose a member of the public could do this. But Tesla could arrange for all three types of Model S (heck, even a Model X too why not?) and make a cool video of it.
There are 90 turns on the 'ring. That means 90 times the car will go to max throttle to accelerate out of that turn in less than 8 minutes, or about once every 5 seconds.

Sorry, the rear AC induction motor in the Raven WILL overheat under this kind of usage. It was not designed for that duty cycle. Marketing doesn't change physics. :eek:

Just heard Taiwan will start delivering Model 3 next week. probably couple hundred Model 3 will be counted in Q3.

Also picked up couple more shares this morning and *GASPS* Shares secured!!

upload_2019-9-12_10-29-43.png

Tesla. Read the badge on the back of the red prototype seen in the Motor1 spy shots.

Can we agree that the "+" in "P100D+" stands for the extra motor?

Cheers!

View attachment 453757

This picture clearly shows they enlarged the wheel covers to accomodate for the wider wheels. I believe this is the first time a performance model gets a distinguishing feature in the bodywork (if it makes it to the production model). Not talking about spoiler, brake clip colour, etc. It looks like they also enlarged the air intake for extra cooling.

Last edited:
View attachment 453757

This picture claarly shows they enlarged the wheel covers to accomodate for the wider wheels. I believe this is the first time a performance model gets a distinguishing feature in the bodywork (if it makes it to the production model). Not talking about spoiler, brake clip colour, etc.

Called "enlarged fender flares":

The author speculates that it improves aerodynamics of the wider tires.

BTW., I think they took a couple of design elements from the Roadster 2:

Roadster_Front_34_1-e1512593855725.jpg

This picture clearly shows they enlarged the wheel covers to accomodate for the wider wheels. I believe this is the first time a performance model gets a distinguishing feature in the bodywork (if it makes it to the production model). Not talking about spoiler, brake clip colour, etc. It looks like they also enlarged the air intake for extra cooling.
I think this picture best shows off the larger rear fender flares, as well as providing a clear view of the enlarged lower front air intake: :p

Tesla-Model-S-Nürburgring-preparation-9.jpg

Cheers!

Didn't Tesla ditch that style label though? Switched to 'Performance' or something?

Its a 2017, thus the old label.

Dissecting Tesla Model S P100D+ Plaid: World's First 7-Seat Supercar

"Other details about the car have also appeared on Twitter. According to a CarFax report posted by Brian Gluckman (tweet embedded below), the vehicle is a 2017 example that originally came with Dual Motors.

Amusingly, it appears to have a lemon/buyback title, which may explain how the automaker got possession of it to turn it into a development mule. There are no specific issues are mentioned on the report. As of December 31, 2018, the report says the car had accumulated 26,736 miles."

OK so, how much did you lose so I know when to cut my losses ?

The average TSLA SPs in my 3 portfolios that hold it are $224, $253, and $256, but bought most on the way down.

Like riding on a roller coaster, I get a thrill from snapping up stocks when they reach temporary highs, and hang on and scream as they go down. Then when they go up again, I snatch up some more just before the stock plunges again. I may get old, but that sinking feeling never does.

I learned everything from my wife. When I first traded, her comment was "You're never going to make money if you sell each time it drops a little."